SOS! URGENT HELP! How can I recover deleted files on a network drive?

SOS! URGENT HELP! How can I recover deleted files on a network drive?

Post by Joenyim Ki » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:29:02

Dear all,

I am writing to ask for urgent help. I deleted carelessly some important
files on my network drive, which is on a remote host. I have now already
logged out. I can re-log into it. Could you please tell me how to recover
these important files? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

-Jeonyim

SOS! URGENT HELP! How can I recover deleted files on a network drive?

Post by Bev A. Kup » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:32:16

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:29:02 -0500,

Quote:> I am writing to ask for urgent help. I deleted carelessly some important
> files on my network drive, which is on a remote host. I have now already
> logged out. I can re-log into it. Could you please tell me how to recover
> these important files? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Request the system administrator of the remote system to restore the
files from his last backup.  That is your best chance of recovering
the files.  Short of that, we would need to know more about the remote
system.

--
Bev A. Kupf
Tintin turns 75 <http://www.tintin.com>

SOS! URGENT HELP! How can I recover deleted files on a network drive?

Post by p.. » Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:04:33

Quote:> Dear all,
> I am writing to ask for urgent help. I deleted carelessly some important
> files on my network drive, which is on a remote host. I have now already
> logged out. I can re-log into it. Could you please tell me how to recover
> these important files? Any help would be highly appreciated.
> Thank you very much,
> -Jeonyim

Restore them from the Backup.

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      ( At Gothenburg Riverside )

1. SOS SOS SOS HELP HELP HELP SOS SOS SOS

Hie there,

                I am a newbie to Linux and is having difficulty to configure
my Linux to enable networking.

My system is a 166MMX PC installed with Slackware 3.4

                I tried to perform the following to eable networking :

1.    did "make config" in the /usr/src/linux directoryafter I have su to
the superuser root.

2.    After completing the configuration, proceeded to set the dependencies
within the kernel and clean out old object modules by typing "make dep" then
"make clean" after the first one has been completed

3.       Next I then compiled the kernel by typing "make zImage"

What bothered me is what I saw in the last few lines of the output at the
end of the compilation which goes as follows

"Root device is (3,2)
Boot sector 512 bytes
Setup is 4336 bytes
System is 560 KB
System is too big
Make [1]:***[zImage] Error 1
Make [1]:Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.0.30/arch/i386/boot'
Make :***[zImage] Error 2 "

4.         Install the 'newly compiled kernel' by typing "make
modules_install" . The output then output was that THE FILE REQUIRED IS
MISSING. ( something about *.o)

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. I BADLY WANT TO USE LINUX AND
REMOVE WINDOW95 FROM MY SYSTEM.

2. Acrobat and Netscape

3. File name completion in ksh

4. recover deleted file in hp-ux ( vxfs file system)

5. Three printer questions

6. HELP! How to recover deleted files?

7. building/running abuse on Solaris

8. HELP! Recovering deleted files on 1gb SunOS disk

9. Recover deleted files. HELP!

10. SOS SOS SOS

11. Help to recover a deleted file