Don't know how to mount MO Drive and extended DOS partitions! Help!

Don't know how to mount MO Drive and extended DOS partitions! Help!

Post by Lawrence Le » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the world of Solaris x86.  I've just installed Solaris 2.4
x86 on my machine and everything went fine.  However, I do not know how
to mount my external MO disk (FAT and SCSI ID 2) and the "extended" DOS
partition resided on the same HD as Solaris, so that I can access files
on them.

I've RTFM, but they seem to tell me how to mount primary DOS partitions
only.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lawrence

1. how do i mount an extended dos partition or a dos logical partition ?

i need to access/share data with an NT machine (not on a network)
i have 10G removable hard drives
i am trying to put a file system on it to allow access by both linux and
NT
linux won't mount an ntfs file system
the NT person put 4 primary (?) dos partitions on the disk
and if i run fdisk in linux it sees 4 FAT16 partitions
but it will only let me mount the first one

how do i mount the other 3 ?

is there some special way the disk needs to be formated by NT ?

thanks for any help,
dan

2. Xview3.2 for Sol2.1

3. Mounting logical drives in the extended dos partition

4. sdtperfmeter problems

5. Can't mount extended DOS partition

6. Any Body doing Apache + Netware + mod_proxy

7. can't mount Extended DOS partition

8. dd question

9. mount can't see extended dos partition

10. What partition sysid is OK for extended DOS partition mount?

11. HELP: I cant mount my extended dos partitions...

12. Need help mounting extended DOS partitions

13. dos won't recognize my extended dos partition