IDPROM cotains invalid data

Post by Davi » Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On booting my SPARC20, I get receive errors related to a bad IDPROM.  I
believe that I am experiencing some weird, quirky behavior in the networking
of the machine as a result of this.  Does anyone know of a way to replace
the IDPROM inexpensively?  If not, any other solutions?

Thanks!

~d

IDPROM cotains invalid data

Post by Kjetil Torgrim Homm » Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>   On booting my SPARC20, I get receive errors related to a bad
>   IDPROM.  I believe that I am experiencing some weird, quirky
>   behavior in the networking of the machine as a result of this.

No doubt, since the ethernet address is often reset to all ones, which
is the ethernet broadcast address!

Quote:>   Does anyone know of a way to replace the IDPROM inexpensively?  If

Check out the NVRAM FAQ at www.sunhelp.org

Kjetil T.

1. IDPROM issues (IDPROM contents are invalid) etc - help please

Hi,

a colleagues, Sun Solaris workstation has just had it's NVRAM replaced (last night) and was working fine, now this morning, I came in (workstation was switched off) and now it won't work, the following is displayed on the console:

The IDPROM contents are invalid

Warning IDprom checksum error

Invalid format code in IDprom

I've searched google.com and results refer back to replace with new NVRAM, but how can this happen again as it was just replaced, I have also done a Stop-N after it boots up, still nothing.

Please help.

Thanks in advance..

2. Small IMAP client?

3. Invalid IDprom - how to fix?

4. Has anybody been able to get Netscape working with 3.1.2E?

5. invalid IDPROM message on Sparc IPX

6. I can't even boot!

7. Help! Boot failure - IDPROM Contents invalid

8. Problem accessing into internet

9. Question: IDPROM contents are invalid problem

10. repeated "IDPROM contents are invalid" failures

11. Invalid IDprom Content

12. "IDPROM contents are invalid" -on Sparc 1+ HELP!!!

13. IDprom contents invalid