two Qs: netscape install & video ram

Post by u246063.. » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:37:26

Hi,
I have ultra10 with solaris2.8. I have netscape install CD 1 & 2
(they have netscape logos on them).
1)How do i install Netscape from these CDs?.
2)What is the command to find out the amount of video ram?.

--
Sent by   from  yahoo piece  from com

1. two questions: video depth and netscape install

1)I changed the resolution on my ultra10/solaris2.8 to 1152x900x76.
Now, i try to set the color depth to 24 and it gives not enough memory
error for the above resolution.  Then it says use nocheck option to
force it. What is the usage to use nocheck?. I used it but it did not
take it. How about if it does not work with depth 24 no matter what?.

2)I have two CDs that have Netscape Logos on them. I can not figure
out how to install Netscape for this solaris 2.8 system off of these
CDs?.

--
Sent  by msg124 from hotmail  subpart  of  com

2. #9 Motion 531

3. RAM upgrade & new video card (Diamond)

4. win95 networking

5. video & ram

6. xterm delete and backspace

7. Two Debian 2.0 Qs

8. Video card recommendations

9. X & Netscape Problem Solutions with more RAM

10. repeat: Two Qs.

11. Apache 1.0.2 - two simple installation Qs

12. Two fast Qs ?

13. Video Qs: setting more lines, rotating the display.