NIS+ automount blues

Post by Gary Rumb » Sun, 02 Oct 1994 08:10:40

Ok, I give up.  I've read the man pages and the answerbook.  I followed Sun's
"All About Administering NIS+" by Rick Ramsey step by step.  I read the relevant,
though outdated, sections in O'Reilly "Managing NFS and NIS".

Is it possible to get non NIS+ clients to automount from an NIS+ server?  I set
up NIS+ in yp compatibility mode and created what look like plausible maps but
the clients will not mount the directories.

Please enlighten me.  If you have examples of a working setup I would love to see
them.  If it can't be done please let me know so that I can tell my superiors.

We are trying to upgrade(?) from a 670MP running SunOS 4.1.2 to a SS1000 running
Solaris 2.3.  The clients run the gamut from DEC to Sun.

Many TIA.

                                    reflect the views of MTI

1. automount reading sun's automount file or NIS map

Is there any automount program for linux that can use automount file
or NIS map used in Sun's automount?

We have a linux PC that we'd like to take advantage of the department
NIS, but so far the only automount I could find was 'amd', which
didn't understand auto.home file used in suns.

Since I'm not a sysadmin for the NIS server, and we have mostly suns and
hps, it wouldn't be practical to ask the sysadmin to administer another
NIS map just for amd running in linux.

Any relevant suggestion is welcome.

2. Systems administration shell scripts

3. RFH: SunOS NIS users can't "automount" their home directory from NIS+ Server

4. SMP and Desktop License

5. Automount from NIS+ to NIS

6. swap space always low

7. NIS compatability under NIS+ - automounting problem

8. New to Linux--unable to connect to network

9. NIS/NIS+ & Automount

10. automount blues, was K67rpc/K68autofs wrong order

11. Login hangs at blue screen after removing NIS

12. NIS Server setup blues

13. NIS/automount?