INN 1.7 dying w/ BAD TRAP

Post by Forrest J. Cavalier I » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>starts renumbering the active file just like normal.  Sometime after
>it finishes renumbering, it manages to reboot the machine.

No user mode process can reboot a Unix machine (without "help"
that is.)

The stack trace you posted is not too useful, since it
doesn't have symbol names.

You did not mention if you had applied the
    buffset-fix.diff
patch, which I reported here recently.
http://www.mibsoftware.com/userkt/inn/patches/buffset-fix.diff

The BUFFset defect can cause INN crashes as you described.

Forrest Cavalier, Mib Software, INN customization and consulting
Searchable hypertext INN docs, FAQ, RFCs, etc: 650+ pages:
    http://www.mibsoftware.com/userkt/forprov.htm
Commercial support for INN: http://www.mibsoftware.com/innsup.htm

1. inn 1.7 -util error on Solaris 2.5

Um, did you try the obvious?  (removing -lutil from config.data?)
You _did_ use the example config.data for Solaris, didn't you?

While you're at it, upgrade to 1.7.2.  It's the latest.

Followups redirected.

--Dave
--
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~barr/

2. Dawicontrol DC-2974 driver?

3. INN 1.7 on solaris 2.5.1

4. BOOK: ISP Survival Guide

5. Compiling INN v1.6.x/1.7.x ???

6. Nethack compilation problems...

7. can anyone help: "BAD TRAP", trap type = 0x31

8. Etherlink II and 1.3.70

9. BAD TRAP: Type=9

10. BAD TRAP on Ultra 10

11. BAD TRAP: cpu=0 message

12. Help: BAD TRAP

13. Bad Trap type 0x33 and STREAMS modules