internal network NAT?

Post by Peter Arnol » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a Sparc/Solaris2.6 box in a class B network pre*ly running
NT. The spark is just another node on the network, not a server or
gateway or anything like that. We have a gateway used by most of the
workstations and a restricted gateway (not under our control) that
allows only some IP addresses access through.

My question is how can I set the Sparc up as a NAT and route traffic
through the restricted gateway given that I have one IP address that can
get through?

I've sucessfully set this up at home with IP-filter connecting to my ISP
through a modem but this has the Sparc as the one and only gateway.

One problem is that when I set an NT machine up with the Sparc as the
default gateway it still seems to create a route through the general
gatway. How? Why?

Should I have ip forwarding enabled or disabled? I think it should be
and is enabled..

Peter Arnold
+---------------------------+-----------------+

| Brisbane, Qld, Australia  | To moo bovine.  |
+---------------------------+-----------------+

internal network NAT?

Post by Timothy J. L » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

|My question is how can I set the Sparc up as a NAT and route traffic
|through the restricted gateway given that I have one IP address that can
|get through?
|
|I've sucessfully set this up at home with IP-filter connecting to my ISP
|through a modem but this has the Sparc as the one and only gateway.

IP-filter should come with the ipnat program.  The ipnat(1) man page
should contain some examples to help you set up the ipnat rules file.

internal network NAT?

Post by Zubin Inga » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> |My question is how can I set the Sparc up as a NAT and route traffic
> |through the restricted gateway given that I have one IP address that can
> |get through?
> |
> |I've sucessfully set this up at home with IP-filter connecting to my ISP
> |through a modem but this has the Sparc as the one and only gateway.

> IP-filter should come with the ipnat program.  The ipnat(1) man page
> should contain some examples to help you set up the ipnat rules file.

> --

> Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome.             netcom.com
> No warranty of any kind is provided with this message.

Where can one get the IPNat program for Solaris 7?

--
Regards,

internal network NAT?

Post by Mark Murph » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Where do you get IP-filter from?

Remove NOSPAM for E-mail

Mark Murphy
System Administrator/Team Leader
Client Support - TFS

>> |My question is how can I set the Sparc up as a NAT and route traffic
>> |through the restricted gateway given that I have one IP address that can
>> |get through?
>> |
>> |I've sucessfully set this up at home with IP-filter connecting to my ISP
>> |through a modem but this has the Sparc as the one and only gateway.

>> IP-filter should come with the ipnat program.  The ipnat(1) man page
>> should contain some examples to help you set up the ipnat rules file.

>> --

>> Unsolicited bulk or commercial email is not welcome.
netcom.com
>> No warranty of any kind is provided with this message.

>Where can one get the IPNat program for Solaris 7?

>--
>Regards,

internal network NAT?

Post by Dave Ockwell-Jenne » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/ipfilter

>Where do you get IP-filter from?

[snip]

1. Internal network nat bandwidth limitation?

I'm running freebsd as a network server and router to the internet.
Downloading from the servers ftp to a networked computer is very slow,
approximately 10 kbps. However, sending to the ftp from a networked
computer is possible at around 600kbps. Also, when downloading files from
outside the router (that would be from the internet) I get good speeds of
60kbps.

Obviously some bandwidth restrictions is set on my server that keeps the
speeds down. Does anyone know what this might be and how to solve the
problem? Thank you.

2. Advent Net Applications Manager

3. Iproute2 problem across networks using NAT and 2 internal networks

4. PLEASE: help with grep?

5. NAT and aliased ips for internet web servers on 'internal' network

6. Replacing embedded ^M with UNIX newline char

7. Internal Network can't browse the internal Web Server!!!!

8. College Project assistance requested

9. NAT, handling internal accesses to the public IP?

10. Secureway Firewall AIX nat external->internal addresses

11. Multiple public IP's for NAT to Multiple Internal machines

12. Internal/External Networking with One Network Card

13. Multiple external networks to multiple internal networks