Solaris8 Install

Post by Sathish Bala » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:47:12

Could anybody help me install solaris8 offline ?
I have Windows Me machine . I want to dual boot with Solaris8 . I already
have installed system commander 2000 .
I am having trouble getting past the fdisk phase of Installation .

TIA
Sathish B

Solaris8 Install

Post by Dave Uhrin » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:55:18

> Could anybody help me install solaris8 offline ?
> I have Windows Me machine . I want to dual boot with Solaris8 . I already
> have installed system commander 2000 .
> I am having trouble getting past the fdisk phase of Installation .

> TIA
> Sathish B

You might tell us exactly what the error messages are or what other
troubles you are having with fdisk.

Solaris8 Install

Post by Paul Flo » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 02:45:34

>Could anybody help me install solaris8 offline ?
>I have Windows Me machine . I want to dual boot with Solaris8 . I already
>have installed system commander 2000 .
>I am having trouble getting past the fdisk phase of Installation .

Could you please give a precise description of error messages, and
exactly what you are doing with fdisk.

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd                 http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)

If more is better, are double standards better than single ones?

1. Solaris8: install or not

  Hi all,
  I'm thinking to install Solaris8 on my PC, but I don't know anything about this system, coz there is not much
information in Solaris home. The main question is that: Is Solaris a visual OS (or it works only in command line), coz I
couldn't find any screenshots, like they R on Apple, ect.
  Thnx!
   Ian

2. Gnat task - libs to include?

3. solaris8 install problem on Sparc5

4. Waaah! My bit bucket is missing...

5. solaris8 Install

6. external zip 100 through LPT1?? HOW TOO???

7. system commander 2000 and Solaris8 Install

8. Q: troubleshooting with Hayes ESP port

9. C++ app built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07 crashes on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07

10. trouble installing Solaris8

11. installing NESSUS to solaris8

12. Solaris8 IA Install Problems

13. I'm installing solaris8 intel edition.