Can I compile with gcc if I have to compile with cc

Can I compile with gcc if I have to compile with cc

Post by Joachim Wagne » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hey,

I have so source-code with make to compile but I havent the cc installed.
Is it possible to compile with gcc.

Post by peter holme » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I have so source-code with make to compile but I havent the cc installed.
> Is it possible to compile with gcc.

Yes but, depending on your source, significant changes may be required.

1. GCC/CC compiling errors?

I'm attempting a install/compiling of Apache 1.3.14 on a Digital Unix
(64 i believe) system.  This falls in the line of the proverbial, "It
worked before!" thing:)  I did install, succesfully, this same apache on
another digital unix box that we use for testing.  No problems,
installed just fine. However this time I'm receiving several errors.
The first as a error after sanity check and gave me something including:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exe cc1: no such file or directory.

cc1 does exsist, I made this error go away by adding the path to the
file in my shell environment.  Tried again and....

cd ..; /usr/local/bin/gcc -DOSF1 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED './apachi' - p helpers/dummy helperm
mips-tfile, /tmp/ccaaxhba.s:0 index 4294967295 is out of bounds for
lstrs, max is 0
mips-tfile.c line# 4640

(for the record the first two lines also appareed on the first error).

this one has me stumped.:)  From my searches throughout the web this
appears to be a GCC installation problem, and suggestions come that I
recompile GCC.

However (you knew there was going to be a howerver:) ), the test machine
that I installed apache on before has No GCC whatsoever. It has CC only.
 The production (the machine I'm having problems with) has both GCC and
CC.  I've attempted to alter the /src/Configuration file so that CC (and
CPP) read /usr/bin/cc so that it would work like the test machine. THe
compiling process ignores it and tries to do GCC.

Is there somewhere I should be switching it to CC that I'm not, or am I
missing an obvious step?  Or, is it a GCC problem and should I redo GCC?
 any help would be aprpeciated, thanks:)

Jon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. termonal question.

3. CC compiled .so does not work with g++ compiled main program

4. Moo-tif

5. Trying to compile gtkwave on Solaris 7 box, with GCC 2.95, having no luck.

6. metro-x config problem

7. Perl compile uses cc instead of gcc

8. Where to get /usr/bin sources?

9. Compiling 32 bit applications on Solaris 8 using cc or gcc

10. How to Compile GCC on SUN with no CC

11. Problem with cc-gcc compiling mod_jk in Solaris 9

12. C++ , cc and gcc under FreeBSD: won't compile.

13. compiling software with gcc/cc ????