How to save route table

Post by Kate Yi » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I setup the route table with "route add" command, I can see the route table
is updated.  But it disappeareds after I reboot the machine.  How can I save
the route table??

ThankYou

How to save route table

Post by Remla » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Here's a post from November on the same topic....

Re: Save routing table in Solaris  more options

Author:   Chris Koharik

Date: 1998/11/16
Forums: comp.unix.solaris
more headers
   author profile

------

> I would like to add a route to the routing table in Solaris, but after
> I reboot Solaris, the newly added route was lost. How do I save the
> routing table to Solaris *permanently* ?

> addition to this newsgroup.

> Thanks in advance !

If you are running routed then it can be stored in the /etc/gateways file I
believe.  If it is just your default route, then /etc/defaultrouter.  Other
than
that you will want to create  script in your /etc/rc3.d directory (something
like S99routes) that will add the routes for you.

Cheers,

-C

Steve Palmer
01 610/407-2238
http://members.aol.com/remlaps

-If replying, remove xyzzy from my mail address-

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in
Australia.
-- Charles Schultz

How to save route table

Post by daps » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Edit /etc/rc3 and append your routes statements to the bottom of the file,

>I setup the route table with "route add" command, I can see the route table
>is updated.  But it disappeareds after I reboot the machine.  How can I
save
>the route table??

>ThankYou

How to save route table

Post by root » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I setup the route table with "route add" command, I can see the route table
> is updated.  But it disappeareds after I reboot the machine.  How can I save
> the route table??

> ThankYou

add your router IP address to /etc/defaultrouter.

1. Save routing table in Solaris

I would like to add a route to the routing table in Solaris, but after
I reboot Solaris, the newly added route was lost. How do I save the
routing table to Solaris *permanently* ?

addition to this newsgroup.

Thanks in advance !

\/\/yatt \/\/ong Home Page - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/
Winona Ryder Forever H. P. - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/winona/

Send a message with subject GET PGP KEY to get my PGP public key

2. Can Linux act as a PPTP client?

3. how to save routing table?

4. national keyboard drivers for LINUX

5. How to save routing tables

6. ftape/tar trashes other virtual terminal and files !?!

7. How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

8. Trouble Starting X-Windows on IBM Thinkpads 390 with Redhat 5.1

9. How to save static routing tables

10. How to set up routing table or gateway tables for ppp?

11. building routing tables or listening to OSPF route information?

12. Routing question, how to duplicate route table in new distro?

13. Dropping route from route table