Getting error "Can't find driver for console framebutter" at the bootup sequence

Getting error "Can't find driver for console framebutter" at the bootup sequence

Post by Jon Pauls » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:28:31

Hi There

I receive in the first line during the boot-up sequence the error
mentioned above. I try to harden a Solaris 8 based on a Blade 1000. I
installed the CORE version and removed a few packages, obviously I
removed one to much ;-((

- Anyone having an idea what this error means ?
- Is this error a heavy one ?
- What package I removed may have produced it ?

I still have a package called "Dumb frame buffer device drivers",
could this package push the error ? I don't want to remove it if not
necessary.

TIA, Jon

My machine: P166+mmx, 32mb ram, 4gb HD with Win95 and Win NT 4.0 and
redhat5.1 co-existed in different partitions.

I issued "sndconfig" within a xterm inside X Window, The program
detects the SB 16 pnp card sets it up with no error message, but when
it launch ModProbe to test out, it gets a message states: An error was
encountered running the ModProbe program."  I tried different IRQ
settings, all ends with the same message.

2nd, When I try to mount /dev/cdrom from File Systerm Manager, the
following error is returned:  Can't find /dev/hdb in /etc/mtab or
/etc/fstab.

3nd, When my machine boots, it halts at "Sendmail" for about 3-5 mins
before it goes to next step.  Obviously there isn't any mail system on
the machine right now because it is a standalone.  How can take this
mail thing out and speed up booting?

last one, Is my Zoom 56k PCI FaxModem a Windmodem that Linux can't use
to connect me to my local isp?

Experts help me out please. thanks.

2. Solaris 8: what sun package is stdlib.h a part of

3. STARTX: "No Screens Found"/"Can't find Display"

4. how do you burn SuSE?!?

6. 601->604 compiling

7. help: get a "cannot open initial console" on bootup error

8. XF86Config needed (I'm joining the crowd)

9. Solaris 8 example driver files - getting "can't attach" errors

10. " No CDDB Entry" "Error Getting CDDB Entry" ???

11. HELP: "Console drivers" option of 'make xconfig' unavailable

12. Sharing printer gets "Can't read 'ushareName'" error

13. Mac "find" performs far better than Unix O(n^2) "find"