How to increase the stack limit for a process?

How to increase the stack limit for a process?

Post by Vinay Pan » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hello

I am trying to raise the stack limit for a process on a system running
Solaris 2.4. According to the Answer-book "sysdef -i | grep stack" on my
system shows that the current limit is set to 8,00,000H (1M) and the
hard limit is way above this value.

How do i increase this soft limit? "nm /kernel/unix | grep stack" shows
a bunch of kernel variables. One of them is dfs_stack and i also tried
setting "set dfs_stack=20971520" (20M) in /etc/system and rebooted the m/c, but
it doesn't help.

Does anybody got a clue how to solve this problem. Thanks!!

Vinay

---

1. Increasing stack size limit

Hi,
I'am trying to increase the stack limit for the user oracle.
I login as root and give the following command.

#ulimit -Ha
time(seconds) unlimited
file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) unlimited
stack(kbytes) unlimited
coredump(blocks) unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 1024
memory(kbytes) unlimited

#ulimit -Sa
time(seconds) unlimited
file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) unlimited
stack(kbytes) 8192
coredump(blocks) unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 256
memory(kbytes) unlimited

Then  i login as user oracle and give the command
$ulimit -Ha
time(seconds) unlimited
file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) unlimited
stack(kbytes) 24576
coredump(blocks) unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 1024
memory(kbytes) unlimited

$ulimit -Sa
time(seconds) unlimited
file(blocks) unlimited
data(kbytes) unlimited
stack(kbytes) 24576
coredump(blocks) unlimited
nofiles(descriptors) 256
memory(kbytes) unlimited

My questions are
1) How do i increase the stack size hard limit of user oracle to unlimited ?
2) How do i increase the stack size soft limit of user oracle to unlimited ?

Thanks for any replies in advance

2. Simple device driver?

3. How to increase stack limit for CGI Script

4. RedHat kernel patches

5. Increasing stack size hard limit ?

6. No IP with other kernel

7. How to increase process limit

8. Panic: VFS: LRU block list corrupted

9. increasing process limits

10. Increasing process limits

11. 8 Mo stack limit per process

12. Q:Increasing per process memory limit

13. how to increase file limit per process?