Looking for Solaris based intranet development tool for dynamic database development

Looking for Solaris based intranet development tool for dynamic database development

Post by lvir.. » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Is anyone aware of a commercial or free tool which provides one with the
rapid development benefits of the full Cold Fusion development suite
as is available today on Windows NT but for development and deployment on
SPARC Solaris?

I know that a portion of the Cold Fusion environment is available for
SPARC Solaris, however, the Cold Fusion developer inhouse with whom
I've been consulting has indicated that only the 'runtime environment', if you
will, is available for SPARC/Solaris, and that even it isn't "as good (sic)"
as it is on Windows NT.

Surely something comperable but with full development support for SPARC
Solaris is available.

I also understand that one can, with Java, Perl, C, Tcl, whatever, write with
CGIs all that Cold Fusion can do.  However, with limited resources for
development, any kind of additional 'power' that can be dedicated towards
more rapid development of HTML page generation merging SQL, minimal
programming languages, various programming language support, etc. may
be useful.
--

<*> O- <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> only planning.

1. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

: :
: : Personally I believe C++ leaped off the edge, and they should have
: : never added templates, but that is my personal opinion.
:
: I think implicit instantiation of templates was definitely jumping off
: the deep end. Explicit instantiation seems more reasonable and within
: the realm of human capabilities to implement robustly.
:

Can someone explain this to me?  I don't know much about compiler
implementation, and would like to know why templates are so troublesome.
As a developer, I find them very useful.

: Larry Edwards
--
Jerry J. Shekhel

                ,    ,                         ,
"Is maith liom Mi Mheain an tSamhraidh." - M. Ni Chobhthaigh

2. The System Administrator's Library

3. FREE! C/BASE 4GL Database Development Kit.

4. Newbie Q : 6 tty's running?

5. new compiled kernel to big

6. UDP says bug in 1.1.83 !?

7. Web+ application development & database tool for Linux, Unix, NT available for free evaluation!

8. Web+ : Web to Database Middleware, Web Application Development Tool for Unix

9. What is best for Web development tools and database for LINUX?

10. Looking for Gui development tool for PC & Unix