solaris 9 and ldap???

Post by Yan Zh » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:59:56

guys,

    has anyone out there successfully setup solaris9's login
authentication based on a ldap v3 compliant directory service
like iplanet's ds?

    maybe some docs would help me greatly. I went to sun
site look for it, can't seem to find much. :(

    thanks in advance!

yan

solaris 9 and ldap???

Post by Akop Pogosia » Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:18:13

> guys,
>     has anyone out there successfully setup solaris9's login
> authentication based on a ldap v3 compliant directory service
> like iplanet's ds?
>     maybe some docs would help me greatly. I went to sun
> site look for it, can't seem to find much. :(
>     thanks in advance!
> yan

Did you visit
http://docs.sun.com and http://www.sun.com/blueprints ? That's why
useful documentation is (among other sites). The main Sun web site is
not very useful for finding technical help.

--
Akop Pogosian

This space has been accidentally left blank.

1. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

Hello ALL,

I have been looking for documentation on the comparision of these two
naming service(NIS and LDAP). I haven't found much yet. So I am coming
here hoping to get some responses.

But I believe NIS/NIS+ is not going to be supported in Solaris in the
near future so I would like to go with LDAP. I read that LDAP does not
support pre-Solaris 8 clients. I can not find out what exactly this
means, except I read in the Blueprints book that the nsswitch.conf
file has a LDAP option added for Solaris 8.  I know nothing about
ldap, but know I need that option for it work on any version.

We currently use SUNs LDAP now. Before we implement this into
production we plan on creating a test environment, but I need to
determine if LDAP is compatible to pre-Solaris 8 for this purpose. If
its not, then we will need to go with NIS or NIS+.

Does anyone have any knowledge of any LDAP docs that would discuss its
compatibilities to earlier OS versions and compatibilities to NIS? Or
know that in fact it is compatible with all versions to use as a
naming service in place of NIS/+?

TIA!!

Rivers

2. HELP! How to add NE2000 Driver on Solaris 2.4 x86 ?

3. compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

4. KDE Menu Problem

5. solaris ldap client and AD ldap server

6. TCP throughput anomaly

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. secure NFS woes

9. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

10. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

11. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

12. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

13. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues