lp Problems final Formfeed on an hp laserjet

lp Problems final Formfeed on an hp laserjet

Post by Ulherr,Detle » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

is int possible to prevent an ascii printer (hp laserjet) to execute a
final Formfeed?

If yes,

many thanks for the Solution.

best Regards

Detlef Ulherr

1. HP Laserjet IIIP and "missing /dev/lp*" Problem

I have an HP Laserjet IIIP, which is old (about 7 years) but still works
good as new (under Win98, at least).  I just installed RedHat Linux 6.1 and,
using the printer configuration tool, have not been able to get the printer
(which is hooked up to LPT1) detected -- this seems to be a somewhat common
"newbie" problem with printers generally.  Is there any reason the HP
Laserjet IIIP would not work with Linux?  The two references to the IIIP on
this forum (as determined via a deja.com search) do not address the issue
directly, but seem to suggest that others have been able to get the IIIP to
work.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best to proceed?  Thanks
in advance.

2. need settings BusLogic BT-542B, Seagate ST12400N

3. HP LaserJet 4m & Solaris 2.3 LP spooler

4. TCP/IP for DOS Client! Anywhere?

5. lp -o lbin does not work with HP Laserjet 4MV

6. Serious problems with realloc() - security risk?

7. Setting up `lp` interface for HP Laserjet

8. Solstice Disksuite Concat vs. Stripe

9. Printer with final Formfeed

10. Problem printing with HP Color LaserJet 5/5N/5M using Solaris 7 and HP JetAdmin

11. How do I send formfeed to printer via Lp ?!

12. Suppressing formfeed from 'lp'

13. Help! LP not sending FORMFEED to printer