System/Hardware Diagnostics Software needed

System/Hardware Diagnostics Software needed

Post by Sandjay Siwpersa » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:37:14

Hi,

looking for test software i can use on a solaris system.

(teraforce/sparc)

greetz,

swiep

System/Hardware Diagnostics Software needed

Post by argot » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:45:20

For hardware diagnostics, use SUNWvts.

Sun's "Validation Test Suite" can be found here;
http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/vts/

Take care.

argoth
devunix.org
http://shells.devunix.org/~argoth/iaoq

Quote:> Hi,

> looking for test software i can use on a solaris system.

> (teraforce/sparc)

> greetz,

> swiep

1. Need hardware diagnostic program for Linux

I have many difficulty verifying the hardware performance of my machine
when using Linux. Are there any diagnostic programs available from the Slack
distribution or the net? The program should provide useful information such as:
    1. The size of static ram cache sensed.
    2. The size of DRAM sensed.
    3. The enabling or disabling of internal cache of the CPU (486 or else).
    4. The enabling or disabling of external static ram cache.

Linux indicates my 486DX33 bogomips rating is 16.68.
However, when I run a senseless loop like
    #define COUNT (100e6)
    register int i = COUNT;
    while(--i >0){ --i; --i; --i; --i;}
the time command measured 20 seconds.
Looking at the assembly code, I think it should take 6.5 seconds.
This figure seems to indicate that the CPU internal cache is disabled.

Any helps would be appreciated.

Dan Bui

2. LSM volumes not seen during boot

3. Telephone System (pbx or key system) for Linux (hardware and or software)

4. Looking for 1152x??? for S3-928 mode lines

5. Question on UID's above 65K

6. Telephone System (key or pbx) (hardware and or software) for Linux

7. Need To Change Default Font For Printing

8. SEND DIAGNOSTIC and RECEIVE DIAGNOSTIC RESULT

9. hardware diagnostics

10. Hardware Diagnostics

11. Pentium/Triton Hardware diagnostics wanted

12. Hardware diagnostic tool