Verifying/resetting file permissions after installing patches

Verifying/resetting file permissions after installing patches

Post by Joe Lo » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone have or know of a script that will check the file
permissions of a server after installing patches (comparing them to
the state before the install), and restore any changed permissions?

--

Joe Long
jlong at mti dot net

Post by Chris Kohari » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone have or know of a script that will check the file
> permissions of a server after installing patches (comparing them to
> the state before the install), and restore any changed permissions?

Well, tripwire is a good utility for tracking changes to files.  I do not
have a URL to give though.

-Chris

1. How to reset permissions on file with no read permissions

Hello

I have rather stupidly set a file on a hosted web site to have no read
permissions (Owner, Group or Public)  I did this using CHMOD in
Cuteftp.  Unfortunately, I can't now put them back.  I still have
Write permissions but they don't help.  The file doesn't show up in
Cuteftp, or in Internet Explorer FTP or in Windows command line FTP
client.

I cannot delete it or CHMOD it by name and I cannot delete the
directory in which it lives.

It shows up in Internet Explorer if I browse to the http directory,
but I can't do anything with it there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Alan

2. HELP: fdisk not found.

3. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

4. Identify Ethernet Card, Chip EN50903

5. How to verify if patches are installed after CVS update

6. REQ: Help with gcc string input (long)

7. rxvt doesn't reset file permissions of /dev/ttyp*

8. browsers problem

9. reset file permissions

10. How to quickly compare already installed patches with list of new patches to install?

11. debsig-verify or Verifying Debian Packages

12. PROPOSAL: (Semi-)Verified Stability by OFFICIAL SITE for UNofficial patches

13. callback, ppp, and morning-afters