Solaris2.6/inetd

Post by Richard Fernande » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi folks,

I'm trying to configure inetd to handle the http proxy from the TIS
fwtk. I've gotten it to compile and install properly into
/usr/local/etc.

Then I inserted the following lines into my system files...
/etc/services:
http            80/tcp         # TIS http proxy for http service

/etc/inetd.conf:
http    stream         tcp        nowait      http
/usr/local/etc/http-gw

/etc/passwd:
http:x:60000:1:HTTP Proxy login acct:/var/spool/http:/bin/sh

...and sent a SIGHUP to inetd.

When I attempt to telnet to port 80 I get:    telnet: connect:
Connection refused

I've also tried starting the proxy from the command line and receive the
following error:
http-gw[1290]: cannot get our port

What am I overlooking?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Solaris2.6/inetd

Post by Tom Southerlan » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Looks like a missing field in /etc/inetd.conf.  You
need to add "http-gw" to the end of the line.  If this
doesn't get it...  kill inetd and start it back up with
the -d -s flags.  Make sure you are in a window with scroll
bars or re-direct stdout/stderr to a file.  This should spit
out a bunch of debug info...

> Hi folks,

> I'm trying to configure inetd to handle the http proxy from the TIS
> fwtk. I've gotten it to compile and install properly into
> /usr/local/etc.

> Then I inserted the following lines into my system files...
> /etc/services:
> http            80/tcp         # TIS http proxy for http service

> /etc/inetd.conf:
> http    stream         tcp        nowait      http
> /usr/local/etc/http-gw

> /etc/passwd:
> http:x:60000:1:HTTP Proxy login acct:/var/spool/http:/bin/sh

> ...and sent a SIGHUP to inetd.

> When I attempt to telnet to port 80 I get:    telnet: connect:
> Connection refused

> I've also tried starting the proxy from the command line and receive the
> following error:
> http-gw[1290]: cannot get our port

> What am I overlooking?
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

> Thanks!!!

1. solaris2.3 inetd errors

i keep seeing these messages on my sparc5 with sol2.3:
Jan 28 12:25:43 juniper1 inetd[145]:
chargen/tcp:bind:address already in use
daytime/tcp:"   : "
discard/" " "
echo/" " "
time/" " "
finger/" " "
uucp/" " "
exec/" " "
login/" " "
shell/" " "
telnet/" " "
ftp/" " "

does anyone know how to fix this?
thanks for any help.

robert

2. Yggdrasil CD useful any more?

3. NIS+ breaks inetd, Solaris2.2/LX/DNS

4. Packages installations

5. Q inetd/sockets: how to run my daemon from inetd???

6. Kernel Panick: PCTOOL's COMPRESS applied to /dev/hda1 (dosfs)

7. multiple inetd spawning from an inetd

8. how to monitor socket traffic that doesn't go out?

9. Restart inetd or reboot without using console...when inetd is dead

10. troubles with inetd / inetd.conf

11. Remote Mounting CDROM from one SOLARIS2.4 BOX to other SOLARIS2.4 BOX

12. Solaris2.6 TCP/IP faces Solaris2.5.1.

13. Installing sed3.0 and Solaris2.4 vs sed3.0 and Solaris2.5