ufsdump one more than one tape

Post by Koen » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

I Have wrote A script for backup some disks

(in a file disklist)

When the tape is full he ask a een second tape, but when doesn't do that
in 2 min, the ufsdump abort and do the rest of the disklist met the
result.

can make that he stay to wait

and

can I read the output of the ufsdump, give the tape changer a command to
change the tape and answer yes to the ufsdump automatic

Koen

#!/usr/bin/ksh

TAPE="/dev/rmt/1cn"

cat disklist | while read HOST FILESYSTEM
do
ufsdump 0lf $TAPE $FILESYSTEM

if (( $? == 0 ))
then
  DAT=`date '+%d-%h-%y %H:%M:%S'`
  echo "Archived OK 10 $HOST $FILESYSTEM $DAT" >>archive_full.log
fi
done

1. ufsdump: several partitions on one tape

Hi,

 I would like to make dump of a few partitions using ufsdump. I am
goinig to do it online, that means that I lockfs, make the mirror
offline,unlock partition, ufsdump partition, and then I synchronise
mirror (I have almost all disks mirrored, at least those I wanna backup,
and, of course, I do not lock / partition). The procudure looks very
simple but I have one question about the tape. I wanna dump all of those
partitions on one tape. When I use /dev/rmt/0 it should rewind before
the operation to the beginning of the tape so it's useless. I tried to
use /dev/rmt0n, but that does not work (nothing was dumped, and the
process of writing to the tape was very short). Any ideas how to dump
filesystems one after another (I don't wanna offline all simultaneusly)
on one tape?

        Mirek
PS.

I use very simple script to do it:

dump_mirror () {
        echo `date`: DIR $DIR, DEV $DEV, submirror $SUBMIRROR of $MIRROR
        /usr/sbin/lockfs -w $DIR
        /usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin/metaoffline $MIRROR $SUBMIRROR
        /usr/sbin/lockfs -u $DIR
        /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0f /dev/rmt/0n $DEV
        echo `date`": exit status: $?"
        /usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin/metaonline $MIRROR $SUBMIRROR

MIRROR=d6
SUBMIRROR=d4
DIR=/some/dir
DEV=/dev/c0t2d0s3
dump_mirror;

and so on

2. Address which caused SEGV?

3. stacking ufsdumps on one tape

4. Vax FMS to curses or C

5. ufsdumping multiple file systems on one tape?

6. eth0 error using 99p14

7. ufsdump one large filesystem to multiple tapes

8. ypserve cache problems?

9. multiple ufsdumps on one tape

10. Backup: One tape and one floppy disk?!

11. One easy, one less so, one not quite so.....

12. apache, day one, hour one, minute one, local write permission !?!?!?!?

13. copying tape of one it schemes to another one