Odd problem with Solaris 2.5, full filesystem

Odd problem with Solaris 2.5, full filesystem

Post by Jeremy Hartm » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am encountering an odd problem with one of my SPARC servers running 2.5...
the / filesystem is showing 100% capacity while df is clearly showing over
300MB free.  I have seen this before with file open problems, etc, but I
have not seen it span across system resets.  After a reboot, the machine
still comes back reporting 100% capacity.  Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks.
--
--Jeremy Hartman
--Director-Systems and Network

Post by Timothy J. L » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

|the / filesystem is showing 100% capacity while df is clearly showing over
|300MB free.

Do you have a sample df output?

Post by John MacQue » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>I am encountering an odd problem with one of my SPARC servers running 2.5...
>the / filesystem is showing 100% capacity while df is clearly showing over
>300MB free.  I have seen this before with file open problems, etc, but I
>have not seen it span across system resets.  After a reboot, the machine
>still comes back reporting 100% capacity.  Any thoughts would be appriciated.
>Thanks.
>--
>--Jeremy Hartman
>--Director-Systems and Network
>--Clark Internet Services
>--http://www.clark.net

Is the filesystem around 90% full? Solaris by default reserves 10% of
the filesystem to make it tougher to actually fill the filesystem. Do
a man on tunefs and check the minfree setting.

John MacQueen

Director of Online Operations
Imagic Online

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. Solaris 2/x86 - Student Discount

3. Filesystem size recommendations (Solaris 2.5)

4. Turn a Windows laptop to Linux for $480

5. Solaris 2.5 filesystem and where to install packages

6. Problems compiling dosemu 0.66.7 - undefined reference to `mremap'

7. mounting remote filesystems under Solaris 2.5 x86

8. Need Example of VERY simple socket program.

9. Solaris 2.5.x FileSystem Size

10. About Filesystem on Solaris 2.5

11. filesystem full -> It's not full

12. Solaris 8 ifconfig (lo0) problem VS Solaris 2.5,2.6,7

13. how to install solaris 2.5 x86 to 2.5 gig WD HD