sound card installation?

Post by YhvhBoy » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

can anyone help me install my sound card on solaris x.86?
it is an aureal vortex2 i have a soundblaster 16 also in case the vortex
won't run.

sound card installation?

Post by Vla » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Use the soundblaster, since it's on the sun's HCL
http://soldc.sun.com/support/drivers/hcl/7/nov99/files/c0111.htm#X86H...

You can use vortex, but then you'll have to buy the drivers from
www.4front-tech.com

Quote:>can anyone help me install my sound card on solaris x.86?
>it is an aureal vortex2 i have a soundblaster 16 also in case the vortex
>won't run.

1. pcmcia modem card and sound card installation problem

I am using a pcmcia Practical modem card and ESS Maestro-2E sound chip. The
pcmcia port can be detected by the RedHat 6.1 but the modem and sound chip
do not work. How can it make them work?
I am a new user. Can you give me the exact command lines that I have to
enter? Thanks in advance

Mike

2. Folding @ Home - distributed computing for Linux

3. Sound card installation help needed

4. need working lpd

5. plug n pray sound card installation

6. Nasty suprise with uptime

7. Modem and sound card installation

8. Changing keyboard shortcuts?

9. Sound card installation

10. Sound Card installation

11. Mandrake 9.0 sound card installation

12. Sound card installation problem

13. Failing Sound Card installation 101