UE250 resets date and time ????

Post by Gary » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:40:19

My UE250 sometimes looses its date and sets it ot 31Jan 19xx

Is this a batter issue or a hardware problem

1. date reset as UTC from time to time RH6.0

Hi,

From time to time the date of a system I've newly configured with RH6.0
gets set as UTC, thus localtime shows up a -0800 offset. I'm in PDT
timezone.

'date -u' reports the localtime !!!

/etc/sysconfig/clock is set with GMT="no".

I haven't found why there is no $TZ on this system (I'm mostly a HPUX
guy).

I'm using xntp3-5.93-12.i386.rpm installed from the RPMS of the RH6.0
cd.

I've removed linuxconf from the rc. Nothing gets reported in
/var/log/messages but xntpd complaining the jump is to high for him.
Most of the time it kills xntpd.

This time reset happens very randomly and is not related to any
particular user activity on the system nor cronted jobs.

I've never had such a problem on all my RH5.2.

If somebody has a hint on this please let me know, otherwise I'll have
tomorrow to scrap everything and drop that RH6.0 for a - more stable -
5.2.

Thanks a lot,
Thierry

2. Location of dosemu*.tgz

3. reset of UE250

4. HELP! Cannot login from cmdtool to Linux Slackware box

5. date/time of a file compare with current date/time

6. install under /home or /usr/local

7. run time date and syslog date/time conflict

8. Solaris 10 x86

9. Date/Time reset to 1970 after reboot

10. How do you reset file date time stamp

11. reset system time/date from prompt?

12. Problem with Resetting Date/Time and Mail Server

13. Resetting date and time