/etc/hosts.deny & /etc/hosts.allow ??

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there anyway I can implement /etc/hosts.allow & /etc/hosts.deny in
>Solaris environment?

Install tcp-wrappers <ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/security/>

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/

1. /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow

Hi!

I am using Linux at home (RH6.1) and I'm the only one who logs in at
home. I was wondering if I just put in the /etc/hosts.deny
ALL: ALL

and in the /etc/allow
ALL: 127.

This should be enough to make sure that no-one can telnet, ftp,
whatever to my Linuxbox from the internet? I'm just starting with
Linux security. If everything is OK, I'll connect it to the internet.

Does anyone have more info?

Greetings
Patrick Avenue

2. memory problem!!! please help

3. /etc/hosts.deny & hosts.allow

4. Mitsumi CD on Slackware 2.0

5. /etc/hosts.deny and allow

6. hurrendous problems re: window manager

7. /etc/hosts.allow|deny

8. X and setenv DISPLAY question.

9. hosts.deny && hosts.allow

10. How to allow access from a range of ip address in /etc/hosts.allow

11. /etc/hosts.allow & SMTP ?

12. If host.allow & host.deny don't exist...