TI-RPC

Post by Jens-Uwe Mag » Sun, 20 Jun 1993 09:54:32

I have been porting a server to Solaris 2.x from Solaris 1.x. This RPC
server uses UDP (the server handle is from svc_tp_create) and did
enable the duplicate cache under Solaris 1. Under Solaris 2 this is
supposed to be done by he routine svc_dg_enablecache, but as soon as I
use this my server does respond to any call any more. If I leave that
call out, everything is fine.

Anybody any clues?

Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 38         Tel.: +49 511 413073

1. RPC Callbacks in TI-RPC [Solaris 2.2]

Hopefully this is a simple question for the TI-RPC knowledgable.

I'm trying to migrate an application from the old non-TI RPC to TI-RPC
under Solaris 2.2.  I'm having some trouble with RPC callbacks.

The older version of the system uses a code fragment from the old SunOS
docs that returns a transient program number by iteratively doing a
pmap_set until it hits an unused program number (pmap_set takes a protocol,
such as IPPROTO_UDP, and so is not transport-independent).

I'm trying to replace this with a bit of code which uses rpcb_set.  I've
got all of the arguments to rpcb_set down, except for the struct netbuf *
that gets passed in.  I'm assuming that this is the address of the server+
service that I'm trying to establish, but I don't know how to get this netbuf.

netdir_getbyname() looks like it would do the trick, except that I have
to pass it the name of the service I'm looking for as a member of its
nd_hostserv argument.  Since this is a transient service used for callbacks,
it doesn't have a registered name.

There may be multiple clients (acting as transient servers for the purpose
of answering callbacks) on a host at a given time, so I can't do something
like hardcode in a program number; I really do need a transient program
number that I can guarantee is not in use.

Unfortunately, the RPC docs no longer have a section on RPC callbacks. :-)

Can anyone offer a clue as to how to do this?

Thanks,
-keith

----

multimedia computing group / georgia tech       404.894.6266
graphics, visualization, & usability center         atlanta, ga  30332-0280

2. Open BSD Router GUI

3. TI-RPC (ONC+ RPC) for Linux

4. Problems with awk

5. RPC 4.0 vs RPC 4.1 vs TI RPC

6. SIOCADDRT vs PF_ROUTE socket?

7. newer TI-RPC (RPCSEC_GSS) distribution?

8. help: hp 10/100VG LAN Adapter

9. TI-RPC, Has anyone ported it to Linux?

10. TI-RPC programming question (yet another...)

11. which is better? Socket or ONC TI-RPC

12. where the ONC TI-RPC rpcgen for ULTRIX can be find?

13. Sun TI-RPC problem