SS5 internal scsi, 3rd party?

Post by Jerry Whel » Fri, 25 Nov 1994 00:18:57

        Are there any thrid party sources for adapters to connect
a normal scsi disk to the weird internal scsi connecter in a
sparc station 5?

SS5 internal scsi, 3rd party?

Post by Davin Mil » Sun, 27 Nov 1994 02:48:23

>    Are there any thrid party sources for adapters to connect
>a normal scsi disk to the weird internal scsi connecter in a
>sparc station 5?

I can't really verify this, but someone mentioned on one of the newsgroups a
week or so ago, that all Seagate drives with model numbers ending in "nc" are
compatible with this connecter (known as the SCA or RAID connector).

Davin.

               Fax:       (716) 645-3464
               WWW:       http://www.cs.buffalo.edu/~milun/

SS5 internal scsi, 3rd party?

: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:                Fax:       (716) 645-3464
:                WWW:       http://www.cs.buffalo.edu/~milun/
Our 3rd part disk/memory supplier has told me that they can supply them.
They are the same Seagates that Sun uses. Just ask your usual dealer.

1. Bootable 3rd party CDROMS on SS5/ Solaris 2.4?

Has anyone compiled a list of *bootable* CDROM drives that work
under Solaris 2.4 with SS5 or SS20 class equipment, or is the
Sun unit the only option?

--
  James W. Adams                        Medical Center Computing

  University of Virginia
  Charlottesville, VA  22908

2. /etc/aliases alias to a program not working properly

3. PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

4. Programmable keyboards and Linux (?)

5. 3rd party SCSI disks on Solaris 2.x

6. Off Topic

7. 3rd party (OEM) SCSI hard disk suggestions wanted

8. Do you keep the preinstalled OS?

9. RS/6000 and 3rd party SCSI devices

10. Again 3rd party SCSI drives...

11. 3rd Party SCSI Drives

12. 3rd party Ether/scsi cards for rs/6000 43p?

13. WTB: 3rd party SCSI card for Sun Ultra5