SUN WEBSERVER 1.0 AND SOLSTICE NFS 3.1

Post by John_gi » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

hi,

i am running both of these programs on my ultra5 with solaris 2.6.
i believe that the conf file for Solstice is to be found in /etc, but it is
nowhere to be found..

also... where is the config files for SunWebServer1.0?
i dont even know if it is running or what....

please explain this to me like i'm a three year old..
thanks to anybody who can shed some light on the subject for me.

bryan

Post by Lon Stowe » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>hi,

>i am running both of these programs on my ultra5 with solaris 2.6.
>i believe that the conf file for Solstice is to be found in /etc, but it is
>nowhere to be found..

>also... where is the config files for SunWebServer1.0?
>i dont even know if it is running or what....

    If there are no other webservers on the system, look
    for a process called httpd.

    If you use the long format of ps on a wide screen, the
    location of the config file is in the command line.

    Truss -ae on the PID of the httpd will show the location
    of the config file in the env args right at the top
    of the truss.

    Check the /etc/init.d directory for scripts with http
    in them, this is a shell script that points to the config
    file.    [You can start and stop the SWS with the script
    as well....]

    Some of this does depend on whether you told the install
    of SunWebserver to start automatically at boot.  I THINK
    [meaning I am not logged in at the moment to the system
    with SWS] that it creates the /etc/init.d start/stop
    script whether it is started automatically, but just doesn't
    create the link in the rc2.d directory.

    If SWS is running, depending on the install, you should be
    able to "telnet localhost 80'  or 'telnet [hostname] 80'
    and get a response.

    Can't honestly remember if the default config file is in
    /etc/http or /var/http directory, have moved mine somewhere
    else.

    PS.  If you can't figure it out, email me directly and I'll
    give you another email address where I can log into my
    SWS system and dig around.

1. Authentication and SUN solstice NFS-client 3.1

Hi,
Can I use SUN solstice NFS-client 3.1 to mount a unix nfs share with out
authentication from a nis server?
Does SUN solstice NFS-client 3.1 support local host and passwd files?
If so how do I achieve this?

Cheers
Richard.
Richard Skelton

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. IP problems with PAO on an IBM Thinkpad

3. Sun Solstice NFS 3.1+: NT Domain Controller Functionality

4. 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 PF

5. Password aging with NFS client 3.1 ( Solstice )

6. SCO OS5 install prob: no space on device 31/50

7. Sun WebServer 1.0

8. Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX320E

9. Sun WebServer 1.0 Available

10. Solstice - sun - nfs - HELP