Certified Solaris Administrator Exam Simulation

Certified Solaris Administrator Exam Simulation

Post by Scott Steev » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know of a product(s) which simulates the exams for the Solaris
>Administrator certification? I'm looking for something like the Transcender
>exams for the Microsoft MCSE.

   I've hunted high and low, and the closest thing that I found was a
product from Sun that gives one a "virtual" X environment and a list
of tasks to perform. It's supposed to take about 2-4 hours to
complete.
   I bought it, and found that it did not run on my x86 2.6. A techie
from Sun said that it will only run on 2.4 or 2.5, SPARC or x86, but
not 2.6 on either platform.
   I was able to view the help, and it showed me what was supposed to
happen. It looked interesting and useful, but it's nothing at all like
a Transcender. This had a relatively low number of tasks to perform -
less than 40 I think.
   I'm going for the CSA, and I could see that this would be useful,
but maybe not useful in the sense that it gauges your readiness to
take the test.

   Go to SunExpress and search for SSPD-20 and you'll find it. There's
not a lot of info about it, and two sales people knew nothing about it
at all. It cost $75, and I was able to return it, so you might want to
look at it. But if you have 2.6, don't bother.