Solaris 2.5 x86 : When?

Post by Balaji Natraj » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
  Just curious when 2.5 x86 is being shipped? Called up Sunsoft
last week and they said that it will start shipping Nov 27, but
called them up today and now they say not anytime before 3rd week
of december. Any news?

Thanks
Raj

Solaris 2.5 x86 : When?

Post by Roby Sherm » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>  Just curious when 2.5 x86 is being shipped? Called up Sunsoft
>last week and they said that it will start shipping Nov 27, but
>called them up today and now they say not anytime before 3rd week
>of december. Any news?

Funny. I called today and they said it is shipping.
They also said that it will take a couple of weeks for it to get into the
"channels."

--Roby
--

|         "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a cash advance..."        |

1. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

 Hi All,

  Just wanted to pass on some excellent deals on Solaris 2.5.1 software with
the WABI user interface for x86 machines. The WABI allows you to run many
Windows 3.1 applications on a UNIX box, giving you the best of both worlds.
Imagine, running MS OFFICE components like, MS Word for Windows, Excel,
Powerpoint, and interfacing with the functionality of UNIX at the same time.

For a limited time, John Cristy, at Executive Tools, Inc.,
is offering:

  Solaris 2.5.1 User Desktop package for $175.00
  Solaris 2.5.1 Application Server package for $395.00

Ref URL http://www.etools.com for full information and additional products.

They also have a student special (99.00 + shipping)(yes, you read that
right, Solaris 2.5.1 user desktop for $99.00).

Mention my name, Bob Fahey, and he will throw in the Java Workshop for
$85.00. Mention my name anyway, as he wants to know what the response is to
this.
If asked where you heard this, tell them not just the web, but the Newsgroup
you read it on.  Thanks.

The Executive Tools web site URL http://www.etools.com also has some
excellent links to other Solaris and Sun information pages.

 Executive Tools is not associated with this posting, so, if you have any

 replies, good or bad!

--
//signed//

URL http://www.3lefties.com/users/faheyb.html
Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

2. XView Library for Ada95 (Gnat)

3. how to install solaris 2.5 x86 to 2.5 gig WD HD

4. autoload of X apps

5. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

6. Frustrating problem trying to install RedHat 6.0 - I can't get to the "shell prompt" virtual console

7. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86

8. good seed value for srand()

9. Solaris 2.5/x86 and non-Solaris fdisk partitions

10. OpenGL under Solaris 2.5.. x86

11. Emacs on Solaris 2.5 x86

12. HELP: Solaris 2.5, x86, PPP, and dial-out timeout

13. Endeavor II MB and Solaris x86 2.5