Keypad doesn't work in CDE, but does under OpenWindows?

Keypad doesn't work in CDE, but does under OpenWindows?

Post by Eric Hendrickso » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello, we are migrating to SunOS 5.5.1 here from SunOS 4.1.3.  In
conjunction with that, we are also migrating to the CDE from
OpenWindows.  We have a few X applications where it is very convenient
to be able to use the keypad.  The keypad works fine in dtterms, but
in applications like FrameMaker, it doesn't do anything.  It does work
under OpenWindows.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the keypad working for all X
applications in CDE?

Thanks a bunch,
                Eric Hendrickson
--
The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.

Keypad doesn't work in CDE, but does under OpenWindows?

Post by James Kell » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Eric,

We had a similar problem, but only noticed it on our Tektronix Xterminals.
The following entry in our local faq should help:

Q:  How do I get the numeric keypad to work on an Xterminal?
A:  Enter the following commands:
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_0 = 0"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_1 = 1"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_2 = 2"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_3 = 3"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_4 = 4"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_5 = 5"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_6 = 6"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_7 = 7"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_8 = 8"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_9 = 9"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_Decimal = period greater"
         xmodmap -e "keysym KP_Enter = Return"

Regards,

James
(this only has to be done once at each Xterminal)

> Hello, we are migrating to SunOS 5.5.1 here from SunOS 4.1.3.  In
> conjunction with that, we are also migrating to the CDE from
> OpenWindows.  We have a few X applications where it is very convenient
> to be able to use the keypad.  The keypad works fine in dtterms, but
> in applications like FrameMaker, it doesn't do anything.  It does work
> under OpenWindows.

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the keypad working for all X
> applications in CDE?

> Thanks a bunch,
>                 Eric Hendrickson
> --
> The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.

--
James Kelly
Regional Computing and Distributed Systems        Bureau of Meteorology

1. '..' in cdpath doesn't work in CDE 1.0 environment

I have a couple things work perfectly in openwin environment but don't
work in CDE 1.0. The first thing is that I put .. in the cdpath (I use
csh). The other is that I have an alias h is 'history \!* | tail -20' ,
while alias h still works OK in CDE 1.0, h > saved_file dosn't work any
more. I get an error message says ambiguous redirection. Since I can't
change CDE back to openwin, I was wondering someone can tell me why
those two things don't work in CDE 1.0 and what is the cure for that?
thanks.

Xixi

2. Can't shutdown??

3. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??

4. /var problem (100% full)

5. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

6. /etc - I just deleted this directory, I'm screwed

7. CONSOLE=- doesn't work under CDE

8. Problem running emacs on RS/6000

9. Weird behavior after flash install (CDE terminal window doesn't work!)

10. CDE command line login doesn't work

11. bash in CDE doesn't work

12. CDE 1.3: Power Management doesn't work correct un Ultra5

13. CDE Lockscreen doesn't work!