SparcStation 5 info command

Post by Bif » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:43:06

I can not think of what the commend is......

Is there a prsinfo -v or somethihng close that will tell
me the processor speed of my Sparcstation 5. I just want
to make sure it is a 170 MHZ before it hits e-bay.

tia

SparcStation 5 info command

Post by Dominiq » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:39:42

you can also try the prtdiag  program do a find on it i think its in
/var/sbin/sun4u/platform /prtdiag  a find will be your best bet plls let me

Quote:> I can not think of what the commend is......

Post by Tony Walto » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:32:53

> I can not think of what the commend is......

> Is there a prsinfo -v or somethihng close that will tell
> me the processor speed of my Sparcstation 5. I just want
> to make sure it is a 170 MHZ before it hits e-bay.

Errr.. the command is psrinfo -v, just as you suggest.

For example:

/usr/sbin/psrinfo -v
Status of processor 0 as of: 06/25/01 10:31:58
  Processor has been on-line since 06/07/01 17:36:58.
  The sparcv9 processor operates at 248 MHz,
        and has a sparcv9 floating point processor.

--
Tony

SparcStation 5 info command

Post by Derek Konigsber » Fri, 29 Jun 2001 04:04:31

psrinfo -v

(works on every Sun I've tried it on)

> I can not think of what the commend is......

> Is there a prsinfo -v or somethihng close that will tell
> me the processor speed of my Sparcstation 5. I just want
> to make sure it is a 170 MHZ before it hits e-bay.

> tia

1. Sparcstation 1 info?

I ran across a Sparcstation 1 this morning. I was visiting a local
Mom&Pop computer store down the street and they got one in a few weeks
ago. No power chord, monitor or keyboard/mouse. They no nothing about it
and don't have the equipment to power it up and check it out. It's
floppy only, and I used to CD only Sun Workstations. I'd appreciate any
insight on the following:

How useful would this be?
Could it run Solaris, or just SunOS?
Are there adapters for a PC monitor?
Are there adapters for PC or Mac keyboard/mouse?
How difficult would it be to find the OS on floppy?

It's only about $100, but if I had to go buy propriety monitors and
accessories, it wouldn't be worth it.

Thank you in advance,
--
   .-.   Mark Vaughn
   /V\   3813 Cagle

  ^^-^^
Please remove the ".nospam" from the address to reply.

2. Win95 and Samba Printing

3. Utility command to determine SPARCstation Serial Number

4. Help A STUDENT

5. SparcStation IPX, "bar" command and floppy disks

6. Prodajem!

7. What command tells me how much RAM in my SPARCstation-20?

8. Why does Active Desktop Border switching not work, plus how to use aRts sound server?

9. SparcStation reboot command

10. batch commands and background image on SUN SPARCstation 4

11. System info thro' commands

12. Command to show license info

13. Need to find info on the 'FIND' command