Is there any way to mount a Windows shared folder from Solaris?

Is there any way to mount a Windows shared folder from Solaris?

Post by sony » Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:20:02

As tile. In the opposite situation. I know to use samba. But what if the
Solaris mounts to Windows ?
use what software to do that?

regards,
Eric.

Post by Simon Saunder » Fri, 30 Apr 2004 04:02:32

> As tile. In the opposite situation. I know to use samba. But what if the
> Solaris mounts to Windows ?
> use what software to do that?

> regards,
> Eric.

Microsoft's "Services for Unix" includes an NFS server (I haven't tried it
myself). For details see:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/default.asp

Post by Fredrik Lundho » Fri, 30 Apr 2004 04:35:00

>As tile. In the opposite situation. I know to use samba. But what if the
>Solaris mounts to Windows ?
>use what software to do that?

I would obtain the commercial application sharity (sp?)

/wfr
Fredrik

--
Fredrik Lundholm

Post by M?rten Svantess » Sat, 01 May 2004 02:43:05

> As tile. In the opposite situation. I know to use samba. But what if the
> Solaris mounts to Windows ?
> use what software to do that?

If you don't really need mounting you can use smbclient (from Samba)
that give you an interface like classic ftp-clients. There exists GUI
versions/wrappers like Gnomba, Jambamount, xSMBrowser and KNetmon. I
havn't tested the GUIs though.

--
                - M?rten

Is there any way to mount a Windows shared folder from Solaris?

Post by Mike » Sat, 01 May 2004 06:37:24

sharity (http://www.obdev.at/products/sharity/) is the bomb.

i use it here at work.

1. mounting shared windows folders in linux

Don't know if I'm doing this wrong or not, I can't seem to find anything
already written on the subject in man pages or howtos...

I'm want to mount a shared folder from a windows 98 machine on my RedHat 6.2
system, but it just isn't working.  I installed samba (not sure if that
should make any difference or not) and waded through the smb.conf file about
20 times only to have the linux box show up in "Network Neighborhood" from
all windows machines but I am unable to browse folders--it says "Enter
password for service IPC$" and then no user password will work and I cannot
browse shared folders on the machine.  However, if I try from a Windows 2000
machine I can browse folders but not write to them, even though I specified
writeable=yes in smb.conf.

Furthermore, I can browse all windows machines' shared folders from the
linux machine, but when I tried to mount a shared windows folder on the
linux machine with the command "mount -t nfs -o hard,nolock
192.168.10.1:/mp3 /mp3" with or without options it says "mount: RPC: Unable
to receive; errno = Connection refused" every time.Is there something I'm
missing in Samba, or in my windows shares, or maybe I'm using the mount
command improperly...?  What a mess!  Please help if you know what the
problem is!

M Stokes

2. help - can't get proper 1280x1024 resolution!

3. mount when folder opens, umount when folder closes.

4. Linux PPP startup delay problem

5. How to access a shared folder on Win computer with mount ?

6. FIN_WAIT2 outta FTP

7. Folder Sharing between Linux and Windows NTFS ?

8. Soundcards with a frontpanel

9. Sharing the c:\windows folder through SAMBA

10. Windows XP and Samba - whats the maximum size of a XP Share folder?

11. connecting Windows shared folders

12. SAMBA Question, Linux box can't see Windows Shared folders

13. windows 2000 shared folder access permission & rules