DiskSuite v4.2.1 - File Manager/Disk Manager SUNWadm not available

DiskSuite v4.2.1 - File Manager/Disk Manager SUNWadm not available

Post by MBoseck » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:25:27

I've installed Solaris 8, with AdminPack. (need DiskSuite)

Starting DiskSuite using "metatool" command. Program works except links to :
Tools>File Manager & Disk Manager, I get the error "Selected Tool not
available. Please install the following package: Solstice AdminSuite "SUNWadm".

I can't find this package anywhere - it worked fine with Solaris 7 & SEAS cd.

command line is fun... but... :)

Post by YTC# » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:05:37

> I've installed Solaris 8, with AdminPack. (need DiskSuite)

> Starting DiskSuite using "metatool" command. Program works except links to :
> Tools>File Manager & Disk Manager, I get the error "Selected Tool not
> available. Please install the following package: Solstice AdminSuite "SUNWadm".

> I can't find this package anywhere - it worked fine with Solaris 7 & SEAS cd.

> command line is fun... but... :)

Hint... do *not* use metatool, edit the md.tab and use the CL, much
better.
Also (when I looked before Xmas) metatool did not handle soft
partitions.

--
Bruce Porter

       "The internet is a huge and diverse community
        and not every one is friendly"
http://www.ytc1.co.uk

Post by Marblsl » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:14:22

Also (when I looked before Xmas) metatool did not handle soft
partitions.

metatool handles softpartions fine... i am just looking for a gui to manage
filesystems...

 I miss FileSystem & DiskManager Guis...
any suggestions or substitutions?

Post by YTC# » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:30:47

> Also (when I looked before Xmas) metatool did not handle soft
> partitions.

> metatool handles softpartions fine... i am just looking for a gui to manage
> filesystems...

>  I miss FileSystem & DiskManager Guis...
> any suggestions or substitutions?

It has a plugin to SunMC.

--
Bruce Porter

       "The internet is a huge and diverse community
        and not every one is friendly"
http://www.ytc1.co.uk

1. File Manager's Find command causes File Manager to close - why?

I'm using Solaris (version command reports OS version 5.6) on a 450.  When I
use the File Manager's Find command, about every 3rd or 4th time it causes
File Manager to close (along with all directory windows that have been
spawned by prior Find commands).  This is fairly annoying.  Can anyone tell
me if a solution is available?

In case it helps, here is the rest of the results of the version command:

$ version
Machine hardware:   sun4u
OS version:         5.6
Processor type:     sparc
Hardware:           SUNW,Ultra-4

The following components are installed on your system:

Sun WorkShop Compiler C 4.2
Sun WorkShop Compiler C++ 4.2
Sun WorkShop Tools.h++ 7.0
Sun WorkShop Tools.h++ 6.0.4
$

Thanks.

2. RH 6.1 HP JetDirect Setup Problems

3. FreeBSD boot manager and Windows NT disk manager

4. logout trouble

5. ANNOUNCE: Midnight Commander 2.1 file manager

6. Termcap and Terminfo

7. Using DiskSuite/Solaris Volume Manager to add new disk to live RAID-0

8. Promise Ultra100 + Intel EtherExpress

9. Mounting Volume Manager File Systems without the Volume Manager software

10. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

11. Do we have Desktop Manager or File Manager for X on Linux ?

12. file manager/application manager fail CDE 1.02

13. Install AIX V4.2.1 on H50 which installed AIX V4.3.2 already