SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

Post by Mark Racibors » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have been told that SUN has an LDAP server. They also seen to be
selling the Netscape version. We are running an old copy from
Netscape. We need to move this off an AIX box to a SUN. Is the SUN
product any better than the Netscape release? Will Sun dump their code
over Netscape, i.e. does Sun have a history of doing this?  What about
OpenLdap? Is this worth messing with? We would like software support,