Need help creating a Patch for a Solaris Package

Need help creating a Patch for a Solaris Package

Post by Eric Youngquis » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have any documentation on how to create a Patch for a Solaris
Package?   I have the Sun "Application Packaging Developer's Guide", but the
section on creating a Patch is lacking.  (Or at least I think that section
is lacking.)  Anyway, I have created and installed a Solaris Package and now
I would apply a Patch to it.  All that I really need is an example from
someone that has already done this.

Thanks,
Eric

Need help creating a Patch for a Solaris Package

Post by Ed F. de Guzma » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Why not go to sun.com?

They have patches and patch scripts that you may be able to use. I used
patches/patch scripts for Y2K updates.

Ed

> Does anyone have any documentation on how to create a Patch for a Solaris
> Package?   I have the Sun "Application Packaging Developer's Guide", but the
> section on creating a Patch is lacking.  (Or at least I think that section
> is lacking.)  Anyway, I have created and installed a Solaris Package and now
> I would apply a Patch to it.  All that I really need is an example from
> someone that has already done this.

> Thanks,
> Eric

Need help creating a Patch for a Solaris Package

Post by Scott MacKa » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

I think he has created his own package and now wants to distribute
patches for that package.

Check out the "Application Packaging Developer Guide" section on package
patches from docs.sun.com

-Scott

> Why not go to sun.com?

> They have patches and patch scripts that you may be able to use. I used
> patches/patch scripts for Y2K updates.

> Ed

> > Does anyone have any documentation on how to create a Patch for a Solaris
> > Package?   I have the Sun "Application Packaging Developer's Guide", but the
> > section on creating a Patch is lacking.  (Or at least I think that section
> > is lacking.)  Anyway, I have created and installed a Solaris Package and now
> > I would apply a Patch to it.  All that I really need is an example from
> > someone that has already done this.

> > Thanks,
> > Eric

Need help creating a Patch for a Solaris Package

Post by Eric Youngquis » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Scott,

    I have read that section, but I was left with more questions than
answers.  I was hoping that someone out there might have some better
documentation or an example of how to create a Solaris Patch for Solaris
Package.

Thanks,
Eric

Quote:> I think he has created his own package and now wants to distribute
> patches for that package.

> Check out the "Application Packaging Developer Guide" section on package
> patches from docs.sun.com

DVTECH-41)#CH6ADVTECH-41?DwebQuery=plication+OR+packaging+OR+developer+OR+gu
ide&Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1)

> -Scott

> > Why not go to sun.com?

> > They have patches and patch scripts that you may be able to use. I used
> > patches/patch scripts for Y2K updates.

> > Ed

> > > Does anyone have any documentation on how to create a Patch for a
Solaris
> > > Package?   I have the Sun "Application Packaging Developer's Guide",
but the
> > > section on creating a Patch is lacking.  (Or at least I think that
section
> > > is lacking.)  Anyway, I have created and installed a Solaris Package
and now
> > > I would apply a Patch to it.  All that I really need is an example
from
> > > someone that has already done this.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Eric

1. script/guide to create solaris package patch

Hi,
I am looking for any documentation or sample scripts to create patchs for
packages I've created.
So far, I was working with the Application Packaging Developer's Guide from
http://docs.sun.com (805-6338.pdf) it's very clear for creating packages
with postintall scripts but for creating patches it a little bit vague.
Looks like, I can take a regular Solaris patch as an example, the scripts
are always the same.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.,
Coco D.

2. kde 2.1 login-screen

3. help creating Solaris 2.5 package

5. Q about creating packages/patches

6. I can't send to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

7. Need installation help for Solaris Software Companion package

8. Set up printer problem

9. Creating packages without need for root to install

10. How to create Packages in Solaris

11. Creating a package format for Solaris

12. Creating Software Packages in Solaris

13. Creating bootable solaris CD-ROM with extra packages