1. HELP with simple DNS setup Linux Fedora
(apologies if this is a double post - first one didnt seem to go
Ok, so im no expert, but i've been doing basic linux stuff for 8 years,
simple console etc, that has kept sendmail/apache and named going for
our company for that time..
moving up in the world now, got a new location Dedicated pipe and a new
Have installed Fedora C4 and it seems ok, network is fine.
I have a netgear router/modem taking the static IP from the ISP, and
then behind that i have an allocation of IP's from my ISP which are
being used as Gateway, broadcast and 5 IP's for machines.
The linux box is working great, routing ok, dns resolution ok from ISP.
But we need a name server for the many domains we control, so thus my
setup of named.
So it all SEEMS ok...
number of zones: 4
debug level: 0
xfers running: 0
xfers deferred: 0
soa queries in progress: 0
query logging is OFF
recursive clients: 0/1000
tcp clients: 0/100
server is up and running
(bentley is the name of the NEW server)
however, from another network (our old one)
*** Can't find server name for address IP.IP.IP.IP: No response from
*** Default servers are not available
(seat is the old server, test domain is sub for a real one, as is
ourdomain, and IP)
Thats the output from the new server - seems ok..
So simple question, could it be a reverse DNS issue? Should i contact
the ISP for setup of reverse on that IP (and all the IP's on this
network) - will that fix it?????
Any help appreciated..
2. troubles with linux-box
3. CORRECTION to: Re: Need "simple" set-up help
4. Newbie Question
5. Need help setting up Proftpd (simple setup, I hope)
6. X86 Adding Seagate 6.4G HD
7. Need help with a simple server-client setup
8. More on Linux Public Relations
9. need help on DNS setup
10. newbie need help with dns setup
11. DNS setup problem - Need some help
12. Simple sendmail/DNS setup question
13. Simple DNS setup question