Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

Post by Ryan Matteso » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello folks,

I am trying to jumpstart a few sparcstation 2's and for some reason after
the
packages have been installed and the relevant 2.6 patches loaded the system
reboots and give the following message:

bootblk: can't find the boot program
Program terminated

The SCSI disk is target3 and I assume it should install the necessary eeprom
setting to allow this to work. disk is aliased to

The jumpstart server is a Ultra1 running Solaris 8 and am trying to install
2.6 5/98 on the Sparcstatio2.

Thanks for any feedback/info,

Ryan

Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

Post by Steven Bir » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Ryan,

        That is somewhat of a false assumption. The Jumpstart will install where
you have set it up in your profile file. Now, if your Nvalias to 'disk' is
to some other disk, it will not necissarily boot off the disk that contains
your newly Jumpstarted OS.  Do you have other disks in this machine? Is
your Jumpstart profile file set to install / on /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 ?
(Target 3, Slice 0?) ?

--Steven Bird

Post by Derry Hamilt » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

>Hello folks,

>I am trying to jumpstart a few sparcstation 2's and for some reason after
>the
>packages have been installed and the relevant 2.6 patches loaded the system
>reboots and give the following message:

>bootblk: can't find the boot program
>Program terminated

This error is typical when the boot program is farther into the disk than
the firmware can cope with.  It is not an issue with the original disk,
but if you use a newer one then things break if / is too large.  May I
suggest that you create / on  c0t3d0s0 and make it 512Mb.  You should
then be able to size the other partitions without problems.

--

"I think your cats need tuning - according to a couple of quick measurements
on a recently calibrated reference cat, the * frequency of a correctly

1. Jumpstart not installing bootblk on Sparcstation2

Hello folks,

I am trying to jumpstart a few sparcstation 2's and for some reason after
the
packages have been installed and the relevant 2.6 patches loaded the system
reboots and give the following message:

bootblk: can't find the boot program
Program terminated

The SCSI disk is target3 and I assume it should install the necessary eeprom
setting to allow this to work. disk is aliased to

The jumpstart server is a Ultra1 running Solaris 8 and am trying to install
2.6 5/98 on the Sparcstatio2.

Thanks for any feedback/info,

Ryan

2. Win95 and Linux

3. Jumpstart x86: How not to PXE after jumpstart finishes and reboots ...

4. package compression?

5. Jumpstart 2.5.1 Client from a 2.6 Jumpstart Server

6. CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux

7. JumpStart almost working... but not quite

8. D-Link DWL-G650 on RH 8.0

9. Solaris 8 jumpstart / automountd server .DtDirDataType not responding

10. Jumpstart does not execute script after pkgpatch finished

11. Solaris 9/V120/Jumpstart/Flash Archives ERROR: Could not stop the extraction

12. Jumpstart - profile not found error

13. Jumpstart Client does not seem to find boot server.