Mail doesn't reach destination !Sendmail problem

Mail doesn't reach destination !Sendmail problem

Post by sccste » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Sendmail invokes smartuucp for mailer which doesn't send mail to the
destination.
I am using the default sendmail.cf file that came with Solaris2.4

Any ideas on how to fix this problem.

I have a SPARC 5 server, which I want to use for sending email for
all the loacl accounts to accounts on internet. It is directly connected
on internet.

Please send any suggestions if possible

Thanks

Parag

1. Help-102066-09 doesn't like sendmail.cf - mail's down!

I just backoutpatch'd 102066-04
Did installpatch of 102066-09
Here's what I get:
./installpatch .
Generating list of files to be patched...
The following validation error was found:
ERROR: /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
    file size <9134> expected <9112> actual
    file cksum <29851> expected <28819> actual

See the README file for instructions regarding patch validation errors.

Installpatch is terminating.

I've seen this before with the /etc/system file before - I just cp the
original back in it's place. However I don't have an original
sendmail.cf with a size of 9134  and neither do the 3 other machines
I keep.

Any help, suggestions? I'm at a loss.
Thanks.
Thom

2. Servers checking dropped connection ?

3. NT reaches internet fine; Linux doesn't--what's wrong?

4. yamm, Yet Another Micro Monitor for Linux

5. sendmail doesn't expand mail ids in Cc:

6. Problem mounting Windows partition

7. Ultra60

8. Why doesn't sendmail process local host mail immediately?

9. sendmail doesn't recieve mail, help please?

10. mmdf mail rejected by deliver from linux box, sendmail doesn't work

11. Slackware 2.0.2 sendmail / mail doesn't work

12. queueing mail to /var/mail/'owner' in sendmail 8.9.3?