ut_host under Solaris

Post by mycrop » Mon, 27 Jun 1994 06:06:00

I've been trying to port a program, and have narrowed it down to 1 error...
there is no `ut_host'... it should be in utmp.h, but Solaris 2 has
discontinued the use of ut_host.. anyone have a replacment for it?

ut_host under Solaris

Post by Casper H.S. D » Mon, 27 Jun 1994 08:05:46

>I've been trying to port a program, and have narrowed it down to 1 error...
>there is no `ut_host'... it should be in utmp.h, but Solaris 2 has
>discontinued the use of ut_host.. anyone have a replacment for it?

Check out utmpx.  And don't use any of the wtmpxc file
writing yourself.  Leave it to the *ut* routines or you'll
end up with exploding (in space) wtmpx files.

Casper

1. ut_host

A few utils I have tried to compile have wanted ut_host as a member of
a utmp struct (I think).

Solaris don't seem to have that :-/

What should I substitute instead?

Philip Brown, CIS major, UC Santa Cruz
Author of "kdrill", and "xmandel"
Winging my way out of academia soon...

2. how to explitly select the cpu to run on on a smp server?

3. utmp ut_host field trashed

4. imake problems

5. ut_host on SystemV

6. RAID 1+0 with Volume Manager

7. SunOS 5.6 vs Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 7 vs Solaris 8

8. Problems printing PDF

9. FS: SOLARIS 7 SERVER, SOLARIS EASY ACCESS 2.0, SOLARIS 2.6 KIT

10. quota problems between solaris and solaris machines, and solaris and sunos4.1.3 machines.

11. Solaris 10 (build 63) upgrade fails on Solaris 8 as well as Solaris 9 sparcs

12. Solaris to solaris unstable, Solaris to HPUX stable??

13. SLIP for Solaris 2.3: slip-solaris-3