: meaning of "... received signal SIGWAITING, Process's LWPs are blocked."

: meaning of "... received signal SIGWAITING, Process's LWPs are blocked."

Post by Charlie Zende » Sun, 28 Jan 1996 04:00:00

i frequently see this "Process's LWPs are blocked."
error message when i try to run programs under the gdb de* and
Solaris. it never happens with SunOS4.1.x. what's the cause? what's
the cure? the program just goes into a holding pattern until i send
it signal SIGWAITING, and that's very frustrating. here's the exact
error message:

(gdb) run in.nc foo.nc
Starting program: /u2/zender/bin/SUNMP/ncks in.nc foo.nc

Program received signal SIGWAITING, Process's LWPs are blocked.
0xef79ebbc in __sigwait ()
(gdb)

thanks,
charlie
--
Charlie Zender        Voice, FAX: (303) 497-1612, 497-1324

P.O. Box 3000         URL: http://www.veryComputer.com/

Post by Casper H.S. D » Mon, 29 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>i frequently see this "Process's LWPs are blocked."
>error message when i try to run programs under the gdb de* and
>Solaris. it never happens with SunOS4.1.x. what's the cause? what's
>the cure? the program just goes into a holding pattern until i send
>it signal SIGWAITING, and that's very frustrating. here's the exact
>error message:

The signal SIGWAITING is send by the kernel if all kernel lwps
for that process are blocked in the kernel.

It's used by the threads libary to increase the number of concurrent
lwps if tehre are still runnable threads.

Quote:>(gdb) run in.nc foo.nc
>Starting program: /u2/zender/bin/SUNMP/ncks in.nc foo.nc

>Program received signal SIGWAITING, Process's LWPs are blocked.
>0xef79ebbc in __sigwait ()
>(gdb)

Tell gdb not to print SIGWAITING but instead pass it without printing.

(gdb) handle SIGWAITING noprint nostop pass

Casper
--
Casper Dik - Sun Microsystems - via my guest account at the University

be fiction rather than truth.

My machine: P166+mmx, 32mb ram, 4gb HD with Win95 and Win NT 4.0 and
redhat5.1 co-existed in different partitions.

I issued "sndconfig" within a xterm inside X Window, The program
detects the SB 16 pnp card sets it up with no error message, but when
it launch ModProbe to test out, it gets a message states: An error was
encountered running the ModProbe program."  I tried different IRQ
settings, all ends with the same message.

2nd, When I try to mount /dev/cdrom from File Systerm Manager, the
following error is returned:  Can't find /dev/hdb in /etc/mtab or
/etc/fstab.

3nd, When my machine boots, it halts at "Sendmail" for about 3-5 mins
before it goes to next step.  Obviously there isn't any mail system on
the machine right now because it is a standalone.  How can take this
mail thing out and speed up booting?

last one, Is my Zoom 56k PCI FaxModem a Windmodem that Linux can't use
to connect me to my local isp?

Experts help me out please. thanks.

2. sun v120 + solaris 8 + scsi tape = failure

4. Help with Sound III 336sp MOdem

5. What's with "fatal signal 6" and "libXt.so.3" problems ?

6. installing 3com 3c509B combo

7. Does select return "read ready" or "won't block" status?

8. HELP getting older Java plugin installed/working...

9. Type "(", ")" and "{", "}" in X...

10. Red Hat 6.2 Installation - "received signal 11" error

11. The meaning of "__asm__" & "__volatile_()"???

12. What does "${1+"$@"}" mean in ksh?

13. what do "Getstatus times out" and "Reset-floppy called" mean?