What's 'yppasswd: couldn't create client'

What's 'yppasswd: couldn't create client'

Post by Joao Calad » Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:00:00

My network is running Solaris 2.5.1, bu using NIS (good old) as naming
service.

My network only uses a NIS master  and NIS clients - No NIS slaves.

I have created all NIS maps in the NIS master server, including those that
have to do with 'passwd' and 'shasow'.

The problem is when I try to change a user passwd as root on the NIS master
server, using 'yppasswd userid':
1. I am prompted for the New Passwd;
2. I am prompted to re-type New Passwd;
3. I get the following error message:
         yppasswd: couldn't create client.

If, instead of using 'yppasswd userid', I use 'passwd -r nis userid':
1. I am prompted: Enter login(NIS) password
2. I am prompted to re-type New Passwd;
3. I get the following error message:
         yppasswd: couldn't create client.

Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?
I have been therough all docs I could think of, and ound no description of
the above error message.

thanks for the help

.joao calado

1. svn: Can't create a converter from 'UTF-8' to 'native'

I have subversion on sun solaris.
First, I need to create a respository as below:

svnadmin create /usr/local/repos --fs-type fsfs

and I got an error as below:
 svnadmin create /usr/local/repos --fs-type fsfs

I have been looking for book, intenet and the web site help
http://subversion.tigris.org/. But I don't have any clues.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

2. iptables trick to limit number of connections on a router

3. 'Hogs' created by 'Break' from terminal servers - HELP!

4. problem loading e100.o NIC module

5. xconsole 'Couldn't open console'

6. Guest FTP chroot problem

7. Solution requested for a 'Couldn't get a free page.....' problem

8. 2.2.8, NFS, FAT 16, Page fault in kernal

9. Viper: Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/X386/lib/X11/rgb'

10. VNC: Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt'

11. Apache and 'couldn't spawn child process'

12. sshd reports ``couldn't find display information''

13. Fatal server error: couldn't open default font 'fixed'