Solaris remote console server available for FTP

Solaris remote console server available for FTP

Post by mi.. » Sun, 05 Oct 1997 04:00:00

For some time now, we have been using a single Sparcstation with
a multiport serial adapter to serve as the console for a large
number of headless servers.  The Solaris port of the software is
now stable, and I'm making it available for anonymous FTP.

Look for conserver.tar.Z at ftp.cc.umanitoba.ca in the /src directory.

--
-Gary Mills-    -Unix Support-    -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-

1. FTP from remote server to 2nd remote server?

I'm looking for an application (Windows) that will allow one to transfer
files directly from one remote Linux server to a 2nd remote Linux server.

The reason being I have a new host for my site that uses a bulletin board
wih a lot of CGI files with different permissions. And if I copy down to my
Windows PC, then back up to a 2nd server it messes up all the permissions.
But I understand that if I copy straight from one Linux server to another,
all the permissions stay the same.

Any recommendations on applications that can do this...or better proceedures
I can use that will retain permissions?

Thanks!
Liam
druid -at- celticbear -dot- com

2. _RLD_LIST instead of LD_PRELOAD ?? (urgent)

3. A Strange - 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection - problem for Linux ftp client.

4. sendmail problems

5. ftp 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

6. What do people use for printers?

7. FTP-Server SITE-command for UNIX-Server available?

8. Which single Bus SCSI Controller for Mac G3 Hardware and Linux?

9. ftp 421 remote service not available

10. Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

11. Second remote display/window for server console

12. Dell Poweredge servers remote console access?

13. X Server on remote display grabs console input