wmtp & umtp

Post by Mathe » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 03:24:40

I wa sin wonder how could I read the content of wmtp and umtp files.

I know they are for accounting info, last login and similar but I can't use
cat, vi more.

Any specific way to use them?

The "lastlog" if i am not mistake, last "command" shows the lastlog, ?

Thanks

wmtp & umtp

Post by t.. » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 04:01:49

> I wa sin wonder how could I read the content of wmtp and umtp files.

> I know they are for accounting info, last login and similar but I can't use
> cat, vi more.

> Any specific way to use them?

> The "lastlog" if i am not mistake, last "command" shows the lastlog, ?

> Thanks

/usr/lib/acct/fwtmp < /var/adm/wtmpx

Cheers!,
Troy

wmtp & umtp

Post by Mr. G. D. Gee » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 03:40:25

> I wa sin wonder how could I read the content of wmtp and umtp files.

> I know they are for accounting info, last login and similar but I can't use
> cat, vi more.

> Any specific way to use them?

> The "lastlog" if i am not mistake, last "command" shows the lastlog, ?

> Thanks

The "last" command read the wtmp file.  You may use the optional -f to
specify the file name (e.g.  last -f /var/adm/wtmp).  Redundant but I
capture the wtmp and utmp files during investigations so I use this
method to reading the accounting files from other systems.

-G

--
Information Security is a TEAM effort ... it's everyone's responsibility!

Sincerely,

Mr. G D Geen
Texas Instruments, Incorporated
IT Security
http://itsecurity.ti.com
214-567-5219

1. put broken wmtp's together ?

Hello

I have not passed the time for a new installation of FreeBSD and the
wmtp logs are generated no more in monthly streams. But I want the
wmtp logfiles to have monthly logs.

What is the way to cut a wmtp logfile for several months? What is the
way to put to wmtp logfile parts of months together to one? So that it
don't break the format of the wmtp logfile.

Any idea?

Thanks
Sigi.

2. OT: win98 sees cdrom as "music" only

3. Login - /etc/umtp des_crypt

4. Video grabbing with Netstream 2000

5. Strange Errors from "w" "who" etc that use umtp

6. Help Building Web Page. For debut on August.11.199

8. Promise 133 Controller Card Problem on Linux 2.14.18

10. &#27809;&#26377;&#20154;&#29992;&#20013;&#25991;&#21527;&#65311;

11. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

12. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?

13. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache