Solaris 2.6 x86 Installation error

Post by mlrtim » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm having a problem installing Solaris 2.6 x86.

I'm getting to the point where it asks me what software to install
developers, enduser...
When I choose one (enduser) It instantly gives me the following error:

"Starting solaris installation program...
Exiting (caught signal 8)"

If anyone knows what this error means and how I can fix it
please respond.

Thanks,
Jeremy Miller

Solaris 2.6 x86 Installation error

Post by AIXMight » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

SIGFPE  8       /* floating point exception */

but don't know how to fix it...  why not try installing again and see if
the same error occurs again?

Orphy! :-)
http://www.opie.net/

>I'm having a problem installing Solaris 2.6 x86.

>I'm getting to the point where it asks me what software to install
>developers, enduser...
>When I choose one (enduser) It instantly gives me the following error:

>"Starting solaris installation program...
>Exiting (caught signal 8)"

>If anyone knows what this error means and how I can fix it
>please respond.

>Thanks,
>Jeremy Miller

Solaris 2.6 x86 Installation error

Post by Andrew Gabri » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>SIGFPE  8       /* floating point exception */

Wonder if he's trying to install on a 386 or 486SX?  :-)

--

Consultant Software Engineer

1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs.  And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.

What's the problem?  Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type?  I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...

Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish.  Thanks.

Mark J. Kaufman             Sun Microsystems, San Diego

2. is xplay still alive?

3. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

4. Microsoft, SCO and Linux

5. Using Solaris 2.6 x86 for multi-OS installation

6. Initio SCSI adapters?

7. Solaris x86 2.6 Installation Problems

8. "Tux, could you please fetch me a beer?"

9. Solaris 2.6 for x86 installation

10. Solaris 2.6 x86 installation fail !?

11. how do I create a Solaris x86 2.6 installation CD with my software on it?

12. SCSI timeout errors on Solaris 2.6/x86

13. Error when installing Solaris 2.6 x86