HELP: Solaris unable to ftp big file

Post by Xiyong Son » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have a Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.5. When I try to ftp a big file,
I get these console output:

NOTICE: zs3:ring buffer overflow
le0: No carrier -- cable disconnected or hub link test disabled?

The ftp session ussally hangs after getting about 20MB.

Thank you.

Xiyong Song

:
: NOTICE: zs3:ring buffer overflow
: le0: No carrier -- cable disconnected or hub link test disabled?
:
: The ftp session ussally hangs after getting about 20MB.

I don't suppose you have the following installed:

103244-02   SunOS 5.5: le driver patch

Anchi

1. HELP: TAR/FTP/SYSTEM hangs when file == BIG!

  HELP!!!!!    I am having a strange problem.  I have just installed Linux
on another machine and this time it does not work.

  I have 0.99pl15f on a 486-33 with adaptic 1522A controler, with two
seagate ST3655N drives and a NE2000 network card.

  Problem started with instlation of the system.  every so often the machine
would just up and die..   We fixed that by changing the interupt on the
controler.
  Now instead of randomly dieing it hangs when we work on BIG files.
I can recompile the kernel and do other work.  But when the file
size gets big enought.  ? > 3meg  it dies.

For example we are using one of our linux boxs (486DX66) for a mail system
right now.  (People love it!!!)  But we need to move from our small IDE
drives on that machine to new SCSI drives we are pretesting on the 486-33.
When we move the accounts over and try to untar them the machine dies without
so much as a wimper.  I tried to FTP the file from the 486-33 to my 386DX40
to see if it was a problem with tar only to have it die each time.  Findly
I moved the file from out mailbox machine to my 386 and untared it
perfictly!  It seams to be the scsi subsystem.

Which part and how to fix is what I want to know.

YES we are using Linux for real work and we love it.

2. shared memory size

3. Unable to download big files with sz command via SSH (SecureCRT)...

4. Xterminal logout problems

5. Problem with FTP and big files

6. Sharing a linux printer with os/2 ?

7. WP6.0 tar file is too big to ftp

8. problem to send data over internet

9. ftp-ing big files

10. Moving big files around linux; wget and ftp problems in redhat 7.2

11. When my HDD writes a big file (ftp/move/copy), Linux pauses...

12. big files from ftp

13. Big File Big Problem