How do i confure Unix sendmail via MS exchange

How do i confure Unix sendmail via MS exchange

Post by Elain » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:58:52

Hi ,

i am working in a mixed unix and windows environment. i would like to configure my SUN workstation to send and receive mail via microsoft Exchange server? can this be done??

Thanks

Elaine

How do i confure Unix sendmail via MS exchange

Post by <s.. » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:47:11

Quote:

> Hi ,

> i am working in a mixed unix and windows environment. i would like to configure my SUN workstation to send and receive mail via microsoft Exchange server? can this be done??

> Thanks

> Elaine

Hi,

at first you must set mail routing and relaying on Exchange.
At solaris in sendmail.cf edit line with "Smart Host" macro:

DSexchangehost.mycompany.com

This line tell sendmail that all outgoing mails send via specified host.

Bye

Petr

How do i confure Unix sendmail via MS exchange

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:31:11

Quote:

>Hi ,

>i am working in a mixed unix and windows environment. i would like to
>configure my SUN workstation to send and receive mail via microsoft
>Exchange server? can this be done??

Note: Please press return at the end of lines. your posting software does
NOT actually wrap.

First, set up either dtmail or netscape to get your mail from the exchange
server via "IMAP".

Then, if your solaris machine can connect directly to outside machines
 (for example, can you do 'mconnect saturn.sun.com' and get a
          '220 saturn.sun.com' prompt after a few seconds?)
then you should configure your sendmail to send email out directly,
bypassing the exchange box.
Then you dont need to specify an smtp server for dtmail. Or if you really
want to, you can use "localhost"

A quick way of configuring sendmail on solaris is to do the following:

# (echo Djmydomain.com ; cat /etc/mail/main.cf) >/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
# sh /etc/init.d/sendmail stop
# sh /etc/init.d/sendmail start

You should then be basically all set.

The word of the day is mispergitude

1. EXCHANGING OPTICAL DISKS : DOS to UNIX / UNIX to DOS

I will be generating a lot of TIF files on a PC based system.
Those files have to get stored on an optical disk that should
be readable by an SGI workstation (UNIX).

Therefore, I need a utility/driver to allow me one of the
following:

a) allow DOS to write on a UNIX partition.

b) allow UNIX to read a DOS partition

Thanks!
 Media-FX                                             Tel:      (514) 278-9496
 5241, St-Andre St.                                   Fax:      (514) 271-9671
 Montreal, Quebec, H2J 3A6

2. Someone using my webserver to proxy?

3. sendmail from unix to internet via NT-Exchange

4. newbie networking problem

5. How to export very large file from UNIX to MS DOS via floppy disks

6. ipfwadm and forwarding rules

7. Accessing MS Exchange Server (Inbox, Calendar, etc.) via browser

8. PLEASE HELP: EXT2-fs error at boot

9. Using Sendmail to e-mail MS-Exchange

10. Q: sendmail and MS exchange

11. Sendmail as gateway to MS Exchange Server ?

12. Sendmail dials up ISP on request of MS Exchange

13. Sendmail vs. MS-Exchange