Can't remove a host with solstice

Post by Huesser Pete » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello

I have the following problem:

I start solstice as root and choose the host manager.
I get a list of several hosts which are somehow related
with the one I am running solstice on. Now I want to remove
one of these entries (higlight one of the entries. Edit->Delete->delete
and File->Save Changes) but get the following error message:

hostname:       check_access: access denied to the host table

On this machine NIS+ is running and it looks like an authorization
problem for the NIS+ tables. I am not familiar with NIS+ but I am
wondering why as root it is not possible to modify every file used
by solstice.

Thank's in advance for any help

Pedro

Can't remove a host with solstice

Post by lmack.. » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Hmm the only thing I can think of is that you did not use the "-" with
su:

$su -
Password:
#

Then run your program.  If this is not it, sorry out of ideas.  I really
am not that smart.

Quote:> Hello

> I have the following problem:

> I start solstice as root and choose the host manager.
> I get a list of several hosts which are somehow related
> with the one I am running solstice on. Now I want to remove
> one of these entries (higlight one of the entries.

Edit->Delete->delete

Quote:> and File->Save Changes) but get the following error message:

> hostname:       check_access: access denied to the host table

> On this machine NIS+ is running and it looks like an authorization
> problem for the NIS+ tables. I am not familiar with NIS+ but I am
> wondering why as root it is not possible to modify every file used
> by solstice.

> Thank's in advance for any help

> Pedro

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Can't remove host with solstice

Hello everybody

I want to remove a host in the solstice database. I am running Solaris
5.5.1
and SUNWadm 2.1. I perform the following steps:

1) solstice -> HostManager
2) Select an entry -> Edit -> Delete
3) File -> Save Changes

Now the following error occurs:

check_access: access denied to the host table

But I am able to modify the hosts.org_dir NIS+table as root.
Has anybody a hint.

Thank's for any help

Pedro

2. Re Can not install linux 5.2

3. Help:Can't remove error in NIS+ -> Solstice needs a trailing dot

4. Mounting Question

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. PCMCIA Card Services 2.3.4 released

7. Q: Lyrix 6 @ OSR5

8. Can't ping the host name or host IP address from host.

9. can't ping host or host IP from host ?

10. Host removed, now getting can't stat old NFS mount

11. UNIX Script To Remove Hosts from Hosts file

12. 'host' command not using /etc/hosts?