port name questions..

Post by Jimm » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,

        There are devices connected to the solaris 2.5 server. How can I find
the port name of each device? Is it possible to find all the port names
and the corresponding device connected to this port?

Thanks,
Jimmy

1. How to setup named to let two names relate to different ports on thew same machine

Could anyone tell me if, and if how it is posible to setup named in such a way that if
i ware to give one machine (my x.x.x.11 machine) two names (let say 'www1' and 'www2'),
if than i could setup one httpd on let say tcp port 80, and one on 8080, and let the following occure:

if http://www1.domainname is questioned, the httpd on 80 responds.
if http://www2.domainname is questioned the httpd on 8080 responds.

Please tell me if this is posible, and if so how.

2. OT: current hard disks compatibile with old controllers?

3. Named question on name aliasing

4. Crazy IP masquerade idea

5. Host name, primary name, domain name...?

6. Job Opportunity

7. Which named ?...Solaris 2.5 in.named or Berkley named ?

8. Cannot get out to the Internet and a few other questions

9. Reworded question: Compiling ports with the ports-version OpenSSL

10. Toughie to me -- porting question -- EBCDIC/ASCII while porting tcsh

11. Questions on the purpose of port 53 "domain port" and 6013

12. Parallel Port programming question, was "Serial Port Programming"

13. names of services and ports