/etc/passwd & /etc/group behaviour with 'rsh'

/etc/passwd & /etc/group behaviour with 'rsh'

Post by Markus Bruegge » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi all

It seams a program I'm running using the 'rsh' command to login, does not
activate the /etc/group file, where I specified additional group
permissions. The group specified in /etc/passwd seams to be activated. The
OS is SUN OS 5.4.

Is there any possibility to trace everything being executed after the
NON-interactive 'rsh' command? Or does anybody know about this particular
behaviour?

I'm glad for any response.
Regards, Markus

-----------------------------------
Markus Bruegger, CH

-----------------------------------

1. /etc/passwd & /etc/group with 'rsh'

Hi all

It seams a program I'm running using the 'rsh' command to login, does not
activate the /etc/group file, where I specified additional group
permissions. The group specified in /etc/passwd seams to be activated. The
OS is SUN OS 5.4.

Is there any possibility to trace everything being executed after the
NON-interactive 'rsh' command? Or does anybody know about this particular
behaviour?

I'm glad for any response.
Regards, Markus

-----------------------------------
Markus Bruegger, CH

-----------------------------------

2. program to control a USRobotics modemrack

3. CDE vs. /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group

4. canon bjc-240 color bubblejet

5. Problems with files '/etc/motd' and '/etc/issue'

6. Negative numbers as expr(1) argument

7. Convert NIS passwd back to standard /etc/passwd & /etc/shadow

8. chats

9. /etc/passwd & /etc/security/passwd

10. what's the difference between /etc/shadow and /etc/passwd?

11. How to populate /etc/group from /etc/passwd

12. manipulating /etc/passwd + /etc/group

13. Sync. /etc/passwd and /etc/group