installing solaris8 on 2nd hdd ( x86 )

Post by J?rg Jun » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

is there an poss. to install solaris8 on 2nd hdd ( Prim. IDE Slave )
without !! creating a partition on 1st disk ( c0d0 ), because there is
no place left and i dont want to repartition c0d0.
if theres no way, why doesnt sun give a boot-manager which resides in
mbr ?

Thanx for help

jj

installing solaris8 on 2nd hdd ( x86 )

Post by Dan Anderso » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

See
http://sun.drydog.com/faq/8.html

-

installing solaris8 on 2nd hdd ( x86 )

Post by Frederick Artis » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Don't have 8 but 7 CAN install on second HDD -- in fact it is a preferred
place.
Tou can use LILO as a bootloader, the NT bootloader or a commercial
product. OR if you've got a machine with a BIOS that can support it, use
the BIOS to switch the boot drive.
Please checkout the solaris-on-intel-FAQ at :
 http://www.sun.pmbc.com/faq/

> Hi,

> is there an poss. to install solaris8 on 2nd hdd ( Prim. IDE Slave )
> without !! creating a partition on 1st disk ( c0d0 ), because there is
> no place left and i dont want to repartition c0d0.
> if theres no way, why doesnt sun give a boot-manager which resides in
> mbr ?

> Thanx for help

> jj

1. linux on 2nd EIDE HDD as primary on 2nd EIDE controller

Hi to All!
  I have a NEC PowerMatev75 w/32MB RAM, and 2 EIDE drives.  They used to be
on the same chain, but when I installed them in this machine I gave each
its own drive controller.  Linux fdisk doesn't see the second hdd, or I
don't know how to tell it the right address.  /dev/hda doesn't work, and
neither does /dev/hdb.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Doug Hayden

2. SCSI emulation

3. Installing Linux on 2nd HDD ??

4. Linux for RS6000/340 powerpc ?

5. Install 2nd ATA/100 drive at /dev/hdb or /dev/hdd

6. TCP Wrappers, wu-ftpd, and other?

7. Installing FreeBSD on 2nd hdd

8. Adaptec 15xx SCSI and 21M Flopticals

9. Install Solaris8 on x86 failed

10. Problem installing Solaris8 on x86

11. I want to complie(or Install) GNOME on Solaris8 for x86

12. Solaris8 x86 - laptop install problem

13. Alter slice sizes during Solaris8/x86 install ? how?