HELP (I'm a listserv dummy)

Post by Bob 'The Janitor' » Fri, 03 Jun 1994 07:59:56

and I need off this list...
please someone!  signoff me or unsubscribe me...
please please please?

[***********************************************************************]
[*]   David W.*ens   (aka Bob 'The Janitor')                      [*]

[*]   I love Jeniffer Keip... I like Qwest muck... I hate Barney...   [*]
[***********************************************************************]

1. Linux dummy can't configure dummy interface

Hello,

  I am trying to set up INN for my machine, and one of the first steps
is to configure the dummy device.

  I rebuilt my kernel with the dummy device included, installed it
with lilo as normal and rebooted, but when I try it it responds like
this :

# ifconfig dummy
dummy: unknown interface.
#

  My system is a P75 running Slackware96 (kernel 2.0). It doesn't have
an Ethernet card and the only networking is via the modem (I connect
using a dip script) or to localhost for local logins.

  I have checked the NET-2-HOWTO file and the "Linux Network Administrator's
Guide" and "Running Linux" books from O'Reilly but they don't seem to
have heard of this problem.

  Can anyone help?

Chris

2. Gettydefs -> 8N1.

3. Help: 'dummy' ethernet interface....how do I set up

4. Newbie - Recomandations for Linux development

5. Cannot load module 'dummy.o'. HELP!

6. Binary file transfers

7. Please help, I'm a linux dummy and my video card hates me!

8. 'Dummy interfaces' on SunOS

9. 'dummy' network interface

10. 'dummy' interface

11. Listserv on FreeBSD?? (l-soft's)